Page 15 of 515 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

BigW Carindale had an odd cardboard 'merchandiser' display, which had Wave 5 Deluxes packed with Wave 1 FABs (Op, Bbee, Megatron, Jolt) and both Power Bots. These pre-packaged displays are shipped out from the supplier fully stocked with toys (we have similar food-related merchandisers go through our warehouse), so it is odd to have such a big difference between the assortment waves.
    The first attached photo below, has the merchandiser, which had the Deluxes and FABS on this side, and the Power Bots filling the other side. The cubicles go all the way to the centre, and only one toy variety fills each cubicle. So on the left hand side, those two cubicles with Mudflap, only had Mudflap - and several of each in the cubicles, which means they had about 15-20 of each (Mudflap, Ravage, Interrogator Barricade and Cannon Bumblebee).
    In their regular section (second attached photo) they had wave 2 Voyagers (Ratchet and The Fallen), wave 2 FABs, Robot Heroes, wave 1 Scouts, Leaders, Gravity Bots and both Roleplay weapons.

Target had a lot of Movie figures, but most just wave 1. The only exception was Voyagers, with wave 3 (Megatron and Mixmaster). They had Legends, Scout, Deluxe, Voyagers, Leaders, FABs and both Roleplay items.
    They also had a heap of merchandise items like the Bumblebee car torch, Optimus and Bbee alarm clocks, Projection torch and Bbee watch.

David Jones had a small selection - Legends wave 1, Scouts wave 1&2, Deluxe wave 1, FABs, Gravity Bots, Robot Heroes, Powerbots, Voyager wave 1. (prices added to the price comparisson listing).

Myer had 3 Movie assortments, and according to Myer CBD (who said they didn't have any when I called) all that are currently in stores is all they should have for another 6 or so weeks because of an upcoming toy sale that doesn't have any TFs items in it (and therefore are only stocking items in the sale).
    The items at the Carindale store were Deluxe preview wave, Power Bots and Wave 1 Voyagers.

And the Toyworld at Carindale has been renamed 'Toyland', starting off its own franchise (of 2 whole stores so far), and with a logo that is coloured like Toyworld's...
    Anyway, I was told that they weren't happy with the 'rules and restrictions' of the Toyworld franchise, and wanted to be more independant. As such, their prices are even worse than Toyworld. Things like Scouts for $20, Gravity Bots for $33, Power Bots for $57 and Roleplay for $90.
    Funny though that they have signs all around the store saying that they will price beat by 5% of any competitor, to suggest that they have competitive prices, but are far from it.

Drool at the new Deluxes and Wave 2 Voyagers. Hurry up WA stores!

Also been finding a lot of the Animated Jet 2-packs showing up in different stores. Today I saw them at Target, Myer and BigW (originally it was just Kmart).

Just realised that I didn't even mention the dozen Universe 5-packs at BigW, but you can see them in the first photo I attached above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Drool at the new Deluxes and Wave 2 Voyagers. Hurry up WA stores!
    Sydney Hurry Up!!!!!!!!

Managed to pop into TRU at Garden City for a few minutes before going to see the Star Trek Movie, and saw the huge TFs display at the front, like they did for the last movie.

They didn't appear to have much past the first wave in anything, but did look to have all of the main assortments/sizes.

In their usual TFs section they had several Treadbolts that were new since I was last there, plus the Animated 2-packs (everyone seems to have them now), AND the big surprise for me - the latest Robot Heroes (Ricochet Vs Predaking, Tigatron Vs Inferno, Cheetor Vs Tankor). Only one set were left though, as I bought one of each for me.

One thing I also forgot to mention earlier - at Toyland in Carindale, they had some of the 2007 Battle Damaged Optimus (single packed like the 'premium' Ratchet and Megatrons), for $45.
    Last edited by griffin; 20th June 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Grand Plaza Browns Plains.

Kmart - has an isle full of transformers, both sides! located up the front. They must be preparing for the big toy sale in like 11 days.

Have many deluxes, mostly Breakaway, Rampage, Sideways, Sideswipe.
    Have approx Ravage X2, Mudflap X1, Cannon bumblebee X1, Interrogator barricade X4, Smokescreen(jazz repaint) X4, Desert Brawl X4

Animated deluxes, aprox, Blurr X2, Jazz X2, Swoop X4, Sentinel prime X 4

Have several universe legends, aprox bumblebee X3, beachcomber X2, Brawn X2.

Big w and Target, only really have wave 1 of movie.
    Target of note has a couple of last years movie Jolt (the cybertron repaint version), Have Animated Leader primes, about 4 or 5 for $49

Grand Plaza Target,

Also have the Universe Voyagers for about $25 still. I did see only dropshot, heavy load, blaster, and blades. Not sure about how many of each. There must of been at least about 12.

Has anyone seen the next wave Universe Legends, like Wheelie, Cosmos and Warpath? I have yet to see them and deluxe Ratchet up here.

Thumbs up

Thanks to the tip and photo Griffin put up of his local Big W, I hunted down myself a Ravage and Cannon Bumblebee at Big W Burleigh Heads/Robina? on the Gold Coast. I was so disappointed after a forty minute drive, finding bubkus in the TF section. But I walked around the whole store, ever isle, and found it in the dead center of the store, next to confectionery.

If you're desperate for Barricade Bumbles or Ravage, there were so many that even a scalper would probably leave you one.

None at Kmart Helensvale or Kmart Robina, but Robina DOES have a new movie isle, with lots of stationery included animated and movie pencil cases for only $2.50, a bargain at twice the price, and lots of pens, stamps, notebooks, etc.

got mine ravage and mudflap from garden city kmart, and spotted more mudflap and cannon bees in indooroopilly kmart.