Page 17 of 515 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Don't know if its been sighted before, but on the non-toy merchandise theme.
    Kmart Helensvale in their stationery section has beautiful tin pencil/pen cases with a cool bumblebee on it, embossed logo, and only $4.99 (they had similar ones for Clone wars with Yoda), as well as huge and I mean HUGE Autobot logo magnets for 7.99 - which is the price Target had for the tiny tiny tiny head and logo magnets.

CBD Myer - loads of voyager movie Thundercracker & Rescue Ratchet
    CBD Target - 5+ ROTF Leader Jetfire (if worried about QC, keep on eye on his facial whiskers - some have a small mark on them)
    CBD Big W - Great place to go if you need the new ROTF deluxes. They have heaps of Ravages, Mudflaps etc. Be advised sale prices are NOT marked but they will scan for the cheaper price.

Indooroopilly Target - 3 ROTF Leader Jetfire
    Indooroopilly Myer - Lots of movie - not ROTF - Starscream & Ratchet (no movie Ironhides though - this is the same for Chermside Myer also >_<*)

Was in Morayfield visiting friends this weekend so dropped into the shopping centre on the way home to check out K-Mart, Big W and Target.

K-Mart - shelves had been hammered, barely anything left. Only new figure I saw was one deluxe Mudflap.

Big W - About five each of the new deluxes (Cannon BB, Interogator Barricade, Ravage) and ten Mudflaps, and about four Mixmaster and Megatron voyagers. Interesting thing was a Barricade had clearly being bought, played with and returned because it was sitting in robot mode in the packaging, loose and flying around. The packaging had a huge bit of sticky tape holding it together at the top. Nice work, Big W. You expect someone to pay full price for that?

Target - About four each of the new deluxes; Starscream, Megatron and Bumblebee RotF keyrings (different molds to the ones I saw in Maroochydore K-Mart the other day, better paint application and quality in general); RotF magnets (Autobot, Decepticon, Megatron face, Bumblebee face, Starscream face); and about eight Leader Jetfires. I asked about price-matching and was told no. As much as I want Jetfire now I'm not paying $100, and I can wait two weeks until their sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Big W - About five each of the new deluxes (Cannon BB, Interogator Barricade, Ravage) and ten Mudflaps, and about four Mixmaster and Megatron voyagers. Interesting thing was a Barricade had clearly being bought, played with and returned because it was sitting in robot mode in the packaging, loose and flying around. The packaging had a huge bit of sticky tape holding it together at the top. Nice work, Big W. You expect someone to pay full price for that?
    I guess if they are stupid enough to accept it as a returned item that has obviously been opened (even if there was some doubt, you get a supervisor or the toy manager who would recognise it as being opened and resealed), they should get stuck with an unsellable item. Pity if some kid or unwitting parent buys it though. Because it wouldn't surprise me if someone bought it who has the first Barricade, but just wanted the interrogator probe/claws. Did you notice if it was just the robot, or did it have the extra probe thingys floating loose inside as well?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I guess if they are stupid enough to accept it as a returned item that has obviously been opened (even if there was some doubt, you get a supervisor or the toy manager who would recognise it as being opened and resealed), they should get stuck with an unsellable item. Pity if some kid or unwitting parent buys it though. Because it wouldn't surprise me if someone bought it who has the first Barricade, but just wanted the interrogator probe/claws. Did you notice if it was just the robot, or did it have the extra probe thingys floating loose inside as well?
    From what I remember it was only the robot. I thought the claws came out the chest like Frenzy did in the first toy, and it was only later I noticed on the packaging photo that the claws come up around the back of his head. Sounds right to me, someone's bought it, taken the claws and returned the figure. I'm pretty sure I didn't see them in there.

Pity then. It's similar to that shameful practice that was recently reported in America, which had the TF1 Optimus found in a returned TF2 box.

just a quick note if someone after the variant mudflap , theres one in city target.

I saw about 6 Optimus Prime/Crumplezone 2-pack at Mt Omaney Target ($129). About 6 Ldr Jetfires there too.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The Skids/Chromia/Wheelie wave is at the Toyland, formerly Toyworld at Robina Town Centre. The're 29.99 though, as opposed to Toyworld's much more reasonable 24.99 but screaming toy panic took over. It happens a lot.
    I once woke up at home with no memory of where I'd been holding a Masterpiece Convoy with Trailer. I think I need help.

Red face

Anyone still hunting for Animated Samurai Prowl should check out the Hypermarket Aspley. They have 2 in stock as well as Blurr and a few Waspinators. Of all places, the Hypermarket? o_O