Page 197 of 516 FirstFirst ... 177187192193194195196197198199200201202207217 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5151

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    did i miss a memo is the toys r us in pac fair on the gold coast shut?
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes...

On that thought, I rang up TRU head office and asked about the Gold Coast store, and it is looking more likely that they will NOT be coming back.
    It's gone from a "likely yes" in April, to a "likely no" now.

Also, they verified that the Mackay store (burnt down by a 14 year old over a year ago), is NOT returning.

ToysRUs Garden City.
    Got in another case of two MP Grimlocks today, but were gone within a couple hours again. Still no extra Sunstorms, but about a dozen Prowls are left at the front of the store (they started out with about 20 according to a sighting above by Christalcase).

This was a photo I took last Wednesday. NOTE - the MP Grimlocks are GONE.

The main Transformers section was a massive MESS. Someone had pulled out all the toys from the bottom shelf and dumped them out onto the stock on the other shelves, and all over the floor.

This was a photo I took of the "new" Macgregor Toyworld store.

Also today, from BigW at Garden City...
    They had the second wave of Hero Masher basics (Rodimus, Jetfire, Heatwave) and upgrades (Soundwave, Slug), but nothing else new since my May sale photos.
    They had some of the First Edition Optimus toys that Paulbot noted in the Clearance thread, at a pretty decent $45. For a toy that is larger than a Leader toy, and easier to transform/play with, I recommend it.
    For non toy items....
    I looked around their book section for about 10 minutes, trying to find the Transformers 8-pack comic box, wondering what section they might have put it, and finally found it in an overflow section next to the Lifestyle books. They had about 8 of them for $24 - but when you scan one it suggests that its normal price is $35.

I love the way the inner spine has the Transformers logo formed from the eight issues in a certain order. Very well done. (and lets you know before you buy it in the sealed packaging that you have all eight issues in there)
    I was so impressed, it actually tipped me over the edge to buy one.

And for those wanting help to find it at their nearest BigW, this is the barcode because I couldn't find a shelf-tag to photograph...

And finally in their lighting department at the back of the store, they have a huge range of the novelty wall-lights (looks like the object is breaking through the wall, or has been smashed into it)... but only three Autobot wall lights. Boxes say there is a Decepticon light, but not sure if anyone has seen them here.

Thanks for the barcode Griffin, that's very thoughtful to put it up.

Runaway Big W has restocked on the newest wave of Hero Mashers.
    I saw Jetfire, Rodimus, Autobot Heatwave and Soundwave, and in the larger size G1 Dinobot tingy (Snarl? Slag?). I picked up Jetfire, but noticed there's no allegiance symbol on his chest. Just in case it was a Decepticon becomes Autobot thing, I checked and Rodimus + Soundwave don't have emblems either.

Pegwarming on AOE Deluxes and Voyagers too, with no restocks.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I picked up Voyager Slog from Big W Rocky today. He was the last one there but it at least suggests they have them in stock. For those nearer to a TRU it will be cheaper to buy him there; I only blew my load because I knew I'd have to get it back up from Canberra if I waited.

Had a speculative look for Jetfire in Toyworld, but no dice.

one MP Sunstorm at Aspley TRU.

Down to 7 MP Prowls at Garden City after I caved in and grabbed one. Wasn't going to go for the cars but having a YOTH Prime with an empty trailer and a Mp Magnus on order, I think having at least one MP car is a must.

Thanks for the thorough update for Garden City Griffin...saved me stopping on the way home yesterday

My local Big W had Heatwave, Rodimus and Jetfire hero mashers, so i would think they should have them at all big w stores now.

Apparently the new wave of deluxes (Lockdown, Bumblebee and Hotshot) have been found by a tfw member in a Brisbane Target.