Page 415 of 515 FirstFirst ... 395405410411412413414415416417418419420425435 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 5149

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Sunnybank Kmart... not yet with the Netflix Voyagers, but since they have shown up at every other store near it, they probably will soon.
    They did have a new batch of the Netflix Deluxe, which also appear to be showing up at stores again... which is annoying for those of us who ran around desperately looking for them in October, because it was only supposed to be a one-off release here... unlike the new Studio Series 86 toys that are yet to get their full release.
    The unusual thing though is that of the 11 Netflix Deluxe toys, there were no Red Alerts, but still 2 Bumblebees sitting there. If the store is getting full cases, they must have had 2 cases, which is 4 each.... with Red Alert and Wheeljack being the shelfwarmers the first time around, I find it odd that all 4 Red Alerts would have been bought first this time (unless this is a revision case, and it doesn't have Red Alert in it).
    Still the lone reissue Soundwave, but still no other reissues.
    (and typical... after finally finding the elusive Cyberverse scout grey Bumblebee, it now shows up at my nearest Kmart)

Quote Originally Posted by Keidatron View Post
    Kmart Chermside has 5x G1 Optimus Prime available, but they aren?t being kept on shelf due to theft risk so need to specifically ask for it

Attachment 6400
    So how the hell do you know if they are in stock? That just seems really silly to me?

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    So how the hell do you know if they are in stock? That just seems really silly to me?
    BigW do that all the time with their higher priced collector-focussed items at their June toy sales... and they are either at the customer service/layby desk, or at the Tech counter, and you always have to ask where to find them.

Since Optimus and Soundwave are "higher" priced 1980s collector reissues, they are aimed at the people who would know how to look for them, through the kmart website and through fansites and facebook. And it guarantees that the store has stock if the website says so, unlike the stock put out onto the shelves that is stolen, or dumped somewhere else in the store and lost for a few weeks. (and it is so much easier for people to steal from kmart now, after they all got rid of the customer service desks and registers from the front of the stores - as I've never had my kmart receipt checked against the items in my bags, just as long as there is a big Kmart logo on the receipt... and they don't check the day or time on the receipt, which could allow people to go in with a recent receipt and walk out with the same items all over again)

I would also prefer this kept-off-the-shelf option for preventing damage or theft, as the store isn't damaging the boxes with security string or stickers (which are really tough to get off), and the boxes aren't being damaged by kids being rough with items that are intended to be displayed in or with the packaging.

And if they don't sell after a while, I'm sure they will put them out somewhere more visible, but I doubt that they would still be unsold in a few weeks time, as collectors whom these are aimed at, know how to find them and will buy them soon enough (the Loganholme kmart had 12, and they were all gone in 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    I work there. Sh*t gets stolen all the damned time.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd December 2020 at 10:17 PM.

KMart Chermside had 3 Netflix Soundwave after I took one. Was only after that so I didn't really look for anything else, sorry guys. I remember seeing at least one Netflix OP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Went to Garden City anyway to check and hit the mother lode. At least 20 Netflix Voyagers plus they had restocked some Netflix Deluxes. Managed to put a Soundwave and Prime on layby. No sign of SS86 though.

Attachment 6398Attachment 6399
    Thank you for reporting this mate. I really appreciate it! Snagged me an Optimus and Soundwave at 5:30 ish yesterday still at least 8 of each left

No worries. Surprised they haven't gone that quickly. Turns out a mate of mine got me a Prime for Christmas, so there will be a rogue Optimus Prime out there when I finish paying my layby and return it immediately haha.

Had a quick look in KMart Morayfield when I was down there yesterday. They had Optimus Prime but no Soundwave, which at least indicated they have the W2 Voyagers around. I haven't checked Sunshine Plaza (pointless as their stocking is so bad) or Caloundra yet.

No, the stores weren't open today... these are from yesterday afternoon, but I didn't get to post them before going to sleep last night.

Redbank Plains (Kmart, BigW and Toyworld)

Kmart - now this is a normal christmas... the shelves stripped almost bare, with pegs empty and very little stock left to choose from. Which should make it a great store for new stock in the next week, as they should see restocking of most sizes.
    Probably the only thing there to note is several Netflix Deluxes, including Red Alert (which I didn't see at other locations recently).

BigW - A couple of Earthrise Snapdragons was probably the most interesting/new thing still there.

Mr Toys (Toyworld) - Several My Little Pony Primes for $30.
    Also, the first I've seen of Rescue Bots Mega Mighties Chase (wave 3) and Heatwave (wave 2) for a really low price of $13 (compared to about $20 at other stores). Since it looks like we skipped the actual wave 2 assortment, we might have missed Optimus.

Unfortunately, Toyworld didn't get the same level of cleaning out of Transformers that Kmart and BigW have seen... which is a shame, but explains why they are still sitting on toy stock from 2014 (the 4th Movie and TFPrime).

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Made the effort to go out to Redbank last week. Reminds me of Carindale a few years back. No hordes of collectors stripping the place so you get an extra week or so.

Did the loop at Springfield Orion this morning. Big W, Target, Toy World, Kids Stuff, Reject Shop. Basically pre Christmas stuff at pre Christmas prices. Was half hoping Earthrise wave 3 would make a showing at Big W but no luck. I guess we will have to wait till January.