Page 190 of 516 FirstFirst ... 170180185186187188189190191192193194195200210 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 5157

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Default AWESOME NEWS

I was trolling through Toys "R" Us at Garden City Westfield in Brisbane and lo and behold, what do i see, TRU Exclusive Hasbro MP Prowl! they're selling for $100 and i would have snatched him straight away if i didnt already have Takaras version. So that got me thinking, GRIMLOCK is on the way! i asked "The Guy" and he said they're indeed on their way and you can sign up to be notified as soon as they have them in stock, cant wait!

I just tried phoning the closest for me (Aspley) and the guy from the figures dept said that "yes they are in the system but not on the shelves and he can't put my name down as they may not get them. It is a false hope exercise". Going to keep a close ear to the ground that's for sure as i really want a Grimlock. I already have a Prowl in TakTomy.

Kmart Sunnybank's visual merchandising display at the front of the store...

Almost completely stripped bare, with no interest from Kmart to put other Transformers toys in it... as this store at least (could be Kmart policy) aren't interested in touching Third Party displays, even though it could benefit their bottom line by selling stock that would otherwise just sit in the back of the store in the toy section.

Since they have Transformers toys in THREE different sections of the store at the moment, with the other two sections being “hidden” in the extremities of the store’s corners, I went to the Service Counter and asked them, why are they wasting the Visual Display that is at the front of the store? Why not benefit from it by getting one of their staff to just spend 5 minutes to grab some Transformers toys in the other two sections, just to keep it filled.
    I was being polite and genuinely helpful with the suggestion, but the lady gave me attitude as though she was really unimpressed that a customer was telling her how to run the store. So I sent a message (and the photo) to Kmart Head Office and to Hasbro, because the stores need to keep these Visual Merchandising displays stocked and selling product if they want to make money. Even if the Visual Displays are the responsibility of a third party company to set up and dismantle, what is Kmart thinking for wasting an asset like that, when it is clearly making them more money on toy products that otherwise don’t move where they are currently located at the back of the store. (sure, if the products in display sell out it is a success already, but why waste a themed display if there is more of that themed stock in the store that needs the extra help)

As I was there for a few minutes and then took that photo, people kept stopping to look at the display, or their eyes were drawn to it as they walked past (it is right near the entrance of the store), but with half the display empty... what a waste – for both Kmart (who sell less stock, so aren’t even taking this free(?) display-stand seriously), and Hasbro (because it is the one time in the year you get regular people forced to look at your product, who otherwise won’t make the trip to the toy section at the back of the store).

All that from just wanting to get the artwork scene at the top of the display when they are finished with it (as it just gets trashed)... which she said they were not responsible for it and couldn't help me chase up the people who were.

^That's embarrasing, made even worse by the fact that it only has 3 facings & would take a staff member 2 minutes to fill that up -which they should be doing, not the Hasbro rep as it isn't to date, a permanent fixture.
    Once those stands get delivered to stores it's their responsibility to maintain, packaway or discard, once the promo has finished or notified otherwise.

Big W Robina seems to have gotten a few more Metroplexes, scanning in at 148.
    They also were restocked with 1 step changers, including Slash, Hound and Lockdown
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That display had a few fall of cybertron figures last week, grabbed a Ultra Magnus and Sideswipe, there was also a Starscream, all going for $15, so not sure if any are left there, but it was pretty bare which was a shame.

Hey guys, I've been chasing 'round town trying to get my hands on a 30th Anniversary minifigure G1 Starscream. I know TRU, Big W and the Reject Shop have some figures in stock but it seems they get plundered pretty quickly. Anyone had any sightings at other stores? Ebay has a few listings...but $15 shipping on something no bigger than a postage stamps seems a bit much.

Was surprised to see at Coles Aspley today Series 3 Kreo Microchangers; I know they're old but if anyone is still chasing them I would guess there were 2 or 3 boxes on the pegs as it was packed with 4 rows of packets. I managed to get a replacement Long Haul for my existing one that was missing 2 pieces... though that didn't quite pan out, as I'll post in another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunches View Post
    Hey guys, I've been chasing 'round town trying to get my hands on a 30th Anniversary minifigure G1 Starscream. I know TRU, Big W and the Reject Shop have some figures in stock but it seems they get plundered pretty quickly. Anyone had any sightings at other stores? Ebay has a few listings...but $15 shipping on something no bigger than a postage stamps seems a bit much.
    I saw one yesterday at Big W Kawana. I'll head back there tomorrow and pick him up if you don't find one by then if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffinetron View Post
    I saw one yesterday at Big W Kawana. I'll head back there tomorrow and pick him up if you don't find one by then if you like.
    Thanks for the offer Caffinetron, I have a couple more Big Ws I will hit up today and will let you know how I go. Again, I appreciate the offer.