Page 215 of 609 FirstFirst ... 195205210211212213214215216217218219220225235 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6083

Thread: WA Transformers Sightings.

Honestly I'm over it, If these show up again I may buy them but I'm not running around like a headless chook, Too lazy and too Old

Hey, don't worry about it Aqua brothers, as long as they go to my fellow fans and not scalpers I'm happy!

But by all means let me know if you see any more MP Primes in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    Hey, don't worry about it Aqua brothers, as long as they go to my fellow fans and not scalpers I'm happy!
    I agree. As long as the people buying multiples are buying them to help out other collectors here, and not to just resell them for profit, I don't think too many people here will be too upset about it.

It sucks missing out on a rare item (it happens to me as well... mostly because I'm too lazy to run around for a toy ), but it doesn't suck as much if I knew that it was a scalper buying them up.

It wouldn't surprise me if they intentionally only purchased a very small amount of stock for the promotion then will purchase larger numbers after its finished. From a business perspective maybe their intention was always to only sell a few to build up the hype and demand only to see it satisfied after the promotion, when they can make some serious coin.

Having said that, I could be giving them too much credit. Either way TRU is making a fortune from these, whether it be selling for $130 or $150 when you see it selling for $99 in the US. And that's $US, not $AU. So even lower still at our rates. Even after you add the cost of shipping, which would be minimal considering how much stock they would import, we're still being ripped off royally.

I am glad I managed to acquire one before they all sold out, however I have read that the quality is not that of Takara standard. It is certainly noticeable with some paint apps scratched or scuffed and one of the cab lights (above windows) has a chip on the end. Easily fixed, but for that price I would've expected more perfection. Having said that I'm still happy with the figure but still retain a little disappointment with the quality.

There was 1 MP Thundercracker left (after i got to them)at TRU in morley at 1.00 today. I was talking to the guy there and he said some woman bought 6 last night.. So i bought 2 (i nearly went back for the 3rd) So if anyone wants TC i definitely have a spare for 80..
    Last edited by Slag; 3rd November 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they intentionally only purchased a very small amount of stock for the promotion then will purchase larger numbers after its finished. From a business perspective maybe their intention was always to only sell a few to build up the hype and demand only to see it satisfied after the promotion, when they can make some serious coin.

Having said that, I could be giving them too much credit. Either way TRU is making a fortune from these, whether it be selling for $130 or $150 when you see it selling for $99 in the US. And that's $US, not $AU. So even lower still at our rates. Even after you add the cost of shipping, which would be minimal considering how much stock they would import, we're still being ripped off royally.

I am glad I managed to acquire one before they all sold out, however I have read that the quality is not that of Takara standard. It is certainly noticeable with some paint apps scratched or scuffed and one of the cab lights (above windows) has a chip on the end. Easily fixed, but for that price I would've expected more perfection. Having said that I'm still happy with the figure but still retain a little disappointment with the quality.
    Wasnt rodimus rare at first then too there was waay to much of him

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Wasnt rodimus rare at first then too there was waay to much of him
    I believe rodimus shelf warmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I believe rodimus shelf warmed.
    Only because they actually got this item in decent numbers

Picked up Masterpiece Thundercracker at TRU Joondalup. No G2 bruticus or MP10
    Also got FOC combaticon wave at Kmart Joondalup
    Kreo blind packs at target Joondalup but no FOC soundwave
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Target Innaloo has the Kre-O Microchangers and Generations Vortex. Dunno about the other Combaticons though.

I dig Vortex's colours.