Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST SIGHTINGS ARCHIVE of new Transformers in Australia

The Scout 3-pack is old stock from Hasbro... must be clearing out their chinese factories in the move to Vietnam.

The 'Warriors From Three Worlds' 3-pack of Cybertron Scouts was released in America in September 2009 (for US$20) and are straight repacks - no redecos.

The 'Desert Decimation' 4-pack of Legends is new though, and hasn't even been released in America yet.

BTW, those are fairly good prices for us in Australia. Three Scouts here would be $45-55 individually, while 4 Legends here would be $30-40.
    Last edited by griffin; 6th August 2010 at 09:54 PM.

Kmarts over the ditch (New Zealand) also received the Cybertron Scout repacks.

I spy Masterpiece Grimlock!

TRU Garden City had several, and more on a higher shelf.No price tag, and I was horrified when he came in at 150 at the counter. "Must be a deluxe model or something, huh?" said the girl laughing.

Still had to take him home though!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

TRU Garden City had several, and more on a higher shelf.No price tag, and I was horrified when he came in at 150 at the counter. "Must be a deluxe model or something, huh?" said the girl laughing.

Damn!
    I think I ended up paying a little bit more if not about the same for the Takara version
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Damn! And with a number of sizeable purchases still to be put through/no layby @ TRU/only a few shifts @ work.

Still I want him.

You are AWESOME!!! I'm going hunting first thing tomorrow morning
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to get the (comparative) bargain of MP Starscream again

But $150 is at least the "right" price for the toy (assuming Japanese MP Grimlock avarages $130-140 for the toy alone, with $20-30 shipping), so this ends up being cheaper on average, at least.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Not compared to the Americans - MP Grimlock is US$70 plus tax, which would work out to be AU$85-90. Way less than our AU$150 'ScalpersRUs' price.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not compared to the Americans - MP Grimlock is US$70 plus tax, which would work out to be AU$85-90. Way less than our AU$150 'ScalpersRUs' price.
    And once you factor in shipping to Australia from the US these days?

Goldenboy Guest

Smile

Hi guys,

Was excited to spot this guy amongst the 500 recon ravages at my local TRU!

There's at least 4 in Miranda Shopping Ctr (Sydney Sth) at $150 a piece. They're away from display up on the top shelf, don't miss them!

$150 seems a bit of a gouging, and part of me wanted to wait for some special or something, but I don't think he'll hang around like Ultimate 'Bee...

Really odd awkward box shape...