Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST SIGHTINGS ARCHIVE of new Transformers in Australia

Toy Worlds in SA have Devvy for $200

at the meet today we saw 2 ROTF devastators at Toyworld for the low low price of $199.99

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    argh you beat me

Targets seem to be stocking up this week with RPMs (mini-vehicles) single ($9) and double ($18) packs, up to wave 2 of each, plus the Devastator track set. And Mega Power Bots Devastator and Jet Powered Prime at $80 ($10 more than Toyworld apparently). Plus Wave 2 Marvel TFs are showing up, which could be first for Target as well.

BigW is a good place for getting Wave 3 Movie Legends for those who want to be first to get them. They are so new, they aren't even in the system yet. But very few are showing up in this first release to stores (don't panic though, as they should show up more frequently in the coming weeks).

And Wave 5 Deluxes (Arcee, Swerve, Scorponok) are being found this week as well, so should be more widespread in coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Pity about the price markup - the expected retail price quoted at Toyfair was $150-155 - but could just be Toyworld's usual hefty pricing. It was said to be a direct import item, so we may not see it at any other 'cheaper' chain stores that get their stock through Hasbro AU.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pity about the price markup - the expected retail price quoted at Toyfair was $150-155 - but could just be Toyworld's usual hefty pricing. It was said to be a direct import item, so we may not see it at any other 'cheaper' chain stores that get their stock through Hasbro AU.
    Excuse my ignorance, do you mean by that that we probably won't see him show up at places like Kmart, Myer, Target etc?

The size of the box alone has 'Kmart-misguidedly-buys-400,000-units-then-puts-them-on-clearance-for-$30' written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I got to see Devastator up close and personal today (wasnt impressed). I also saw the little pricing docket he was shipped with. It had $179.00 on it and this was through my local guy. That Toyworld in town is a bloody Rip off!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I got to see Devastator up close and personal today (wasnt impressed). I also saw the little pricing docket he was shipped with. It had $179.00 on it and this was through my local guy. That Toyworld in town is a bloody Rip off!
    As I mentioned a few days back in the SA Sightings, Dev was at Harbour Town Toyworld for the price you mentioned, so I think it could just be the greedy buggers in town and not Toyworld in general. And yes, I too was quite unimpressed... My wife was actually looking in her purse as I gazed goofy-like at the box, but I decided against it, cause even with a 10% discount card I have ($161.99), there are much better TF's I would rather get with that kind of cash. He is pure "zomg! It's the BIGGEST TF in the RotF line, WOWZZ!!!", but as a figure(s) and a representation, very "meh" imo...

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Spotted a new wave of Star Wars Transformers in my local TRU today.
    Ahsoka Tano/Jedi Starfighter (Delta-7B), MagnaGuard/MagnaGuard Starfighter, Captain Rex/AT-TE , Obi-Wan Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter (Eta-2), Darth Vader/TIE Advanced Fighter, General Grievous/Grievous's Starfighter

They were all in the new red Clone Wars style
    I was going to grab a Captain Rex, but not for $35 >.>
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

New Movie Scouts Ejector (the toaster) and Nightbeat (blue redeco of Dead End) have now been found in Oz.
    I think these are the last of the Movie Scouts until the new moulds come out next year.