Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revoltech

Revoltechs are great for articulation and poseing. They are kind of a novelty. I have Megatron and Starscream. Its great to have them poseing in a fight! I don't like the price of $40-$50 for them if you find them at retail in Australia, really hard to justify that price, and makes owning them feel underwhelming. Got mine cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon
    They are kind of a novelty.
    Well said... and yeah, I can't justify paying that price just for a novelty personally. I might consider getting a Revoltech if I found one cheap enough. I'd take one for free - hell, I accepted a box load of Transformers Animorphs once for free so I don't think there's anything TF related that I wouldn't accept for free*.

-----
    *Azn'd!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Well said... and yeah, I can't justify paying that price just for a novelty personally. I might consider getting a Revoltech if I found one cheap enough. I'd take one for free - hell, I accepted a box load of Transformers Animorphs once for free so I don't think there's anything TF related that I wouldn't accept for free*.

-----
    *Azn'd!
    Ummm aren't all toys kind of a novelty? I can't really see any difference between a Transforming toy and an Action figure in that sense there both toys.

My biggets disappointment wiht revoltch, aside from the ugly choice of DW looking Optimus, was the way the sculpting gets in the way of posing sometimes. As an example with Megatron, tring to get his foot pointing to the side for balance ends up with it pointing down.

They are very dynamic though and one little challenge I like to give myself is to try and make them look bored or just standing around. Its harder than one would think

I do have all of them though and think Megatron and Hot Rod are the best. I must say, overall I like them.

Don't be put off by anyone trying to talk you out of them if you like them. There are enough people who like the Revoltech Transformers Toys, to warrant buying them if you wanted to.

I grabbed my Revoltech for $23 a longtime back on a HLJ preorder but online prices from the eBay seller Shingstar have gone between $24 to $27 to ship just one of them. He seems to have only Hot Rod and Starscream. At the price point of a Deluxe, they're very good for what they offer and even better in mnay cases.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    Ummm aren't all toys kind of a novelty?
    Ssh! By novelty I mean something that's not really what I consider part of the main Transformers line, much like TF Jrs and Choro-Q TFs.

I have all 5 R/tech tfs. and I must say, as cheep as i got them, I also like them enough to pay upto $25 for them. $50 is over kill though. My words would be, Grab em, they are cool fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    My biggets disappointment wiht revoltch, aside from the ugly choice of DW looking Optimus, was the way the sculpting gets in the way of posing sometimes. As an example with Megatron, tring to get his foot pointing to the side for balance ends up with it pointing down.

They are very dynamic though and one little challenge I like to give myself is to try and make them look bored or just standing around. Its harder than one would think

I do have all of them though and think Megatron and Hot Rod are the best. I must say, overall I like them.
    I agree about Optimus, why did Pat Lee Always make his windows look like boxes?

Cos he can't draw? (oh snap!)