Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore 16 - Combaticons/Bruticus.

Finally a G1 Combiner that i've yet to acquire!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Horray for Encores!

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma
    "Oh well, rather than realize that people would want these toys legitimately, we know they want knock offs so we'll just loose money instead of making an official reissue."
    But they would arguably lose more money from doing reissues that don't sell, like Ginrai, Metroplex etc. Shelfwarmers (dead stock) is bad for business. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    I hope they have metal chests.
    Ya know... they probably will be metal, like reissue Predaking. Even though I have all the G1 Combaticons, I'm tempted to get this set because they'll probably be metal and also to support TakaraTOMY with their larger size reissues.

I'm a bit torn because I have a nice g1 bruticus, but the thought of an absolutely mint set may well prove too tempting to resist...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Um Skyshadow, there was a KO terrorcon set released along with the rest of thos KO sets released years ago. But this one didnt have all 5, there 2 figures that they mixed with combiner parts from other teams, cant recall but Ive seen it in Phils before. Wonder if they still have the mold to make a Liokaiser encore or mebbe even for the smallest combiner yet - a MOnstructor encore set would be awesome ( not to mention would drag the ridiculous prices its parts are selling for). Just hope they change the gold plastic to something more sturdy.
    http://www.robotkingdom.com/services...=us&CatID=1_31

Looks all there to me.

But yea, I'm all for this set still, the only combaticons I have is the g2 set. I want the g1 version because of the colours.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Very happy with this one. One of the better combiner molds IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But they would arguably lose more money from doing reissues that don't sell, like Ginrai, Metroplex etc. Shelfwarmers (dead stock) is bad for business. (-_-)
    Well maybe so, but if they say that they wish fans wouldn't buy KOs, they should provide a better alternative. Using the Dinobots (again, I know ) they sell like crazy because it's the only way to get hold of them, unless you pay for an original, but then again it's hard to reissue something that doesn't have a mould. My point is, I just wish they would help collectors with the problem rather than ask us to stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Perhaps. Although if that were really their motive then they would be better off releasing the Terrorcons anyway, since they're neither prone to knockoffs, nor has the Terrorcon mould already been used for official releases in 1986, 1992, 1993, 2000, 2003 and 2004.
    but we don't know what kinda shape the molds are in for the other combiners. It might not be worth it to them financially to repair them if this one doesn't sell well. We know the combaticons mold is in good shape because like you said it has been used 6 times.

Cool, always wanted the Combaticons but never got around to buying them, now I can have a brand new set

Arrr, and to think I was gonna try and spend less this year

North Melbourne-bot...?

bigger than slice bread...
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

happy happy joy joy