Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore 16 - Combaticons/Bruticus.

Default Encore 16 - Combaticons/Bruticus.

Looks like TakaraTomy are still keen to release big box-set Encore TFs after the apparent failure of Metroplex. According to Bigbadtoystore, the next Encore release after the cassettes, will be the original Combaticons as a 5-pack.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...09&mode=retail

Expected release is June, which is right on the release of the movie, which could affect its sales if the movie toys are released in Japan at the same time. Hasbro at least plan to suspend their 'nostalgia' series (Universe) during the Movie period.

BBTS's price is US$95, but expect it to be about US$80 from more direct (asian) sources.

This is great news, I have been hoping they would release a combiner set for some time now. G1 Combiner figures have been selling for crazy prices lately on the Aussie ebay, so this seems a good chance for those that dont have a Bruticus to get one without being extorted.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm all over that. I'm just saddened it isn't a more obscure release that hadn't seen a reissued before such as menasor/defensor/computron, etc.

But heck yea, I want. Pity it's so far away, but at least it gives me time to get the other encores I'm missing. Plus the movie toys won't affect me on this one as I don't plan on getting any of those anyway.

And guys, Blastoff and the rest should be properly named in this set.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I love the mold so I'll be getting it for sure, but I wish they had of released it in battle gaia's colours. Maybe ehobby will

By Primus... (gasp)... they still have this mould? (No emoticon is sardonic enough to express my sarcasm.)

Wake me when they reissue the Protectobots. Or Terrorcons. Or Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Bruticus colours. Heck, even Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Turbo Master colours.

Hmm... actually that's the one Combaticon set I would buy - eHobby Bruticus in Turbo Master colours. Get to it TakaraTomy - start stocking up on lavender, lilac and pink plastic!

Awesome. This will be my first encore. I still like the Valdigus version a little better, since I like how they modified the weapons to combine, but the combaticons members are my favourite combiner team. Did they skip encore #15?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Encore 15 would be the cassette set.

Although I do wonder how nuts people would have gone over a devastator set instead..... Especially if the movie rumors about it are true, and there is a non-combining toy.

But I guess they are going with the mould they have readily available.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    By Primus... (gasp)... they still have this mould? (No emoticon is sardonic enough to express my sarcasm.)

Wake me when they reissue the Protectobots. Or Terrorcons. Or Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Bruticus colours. Heck, even Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Turbo Master colours.

Hmm... actually that's the one Combaticon set I would buy - eHobby Bruticus in Turbo Master colours. Get to it TakaraTomy - start stocking up on lavender, lilac and pink plastic!
    Well takara and hasbro have been saying for years that they wont be reissuing the gestalt teams because they expected poor sales due to most of them having ko's. So their propably testing the water with this one and if does well they might relaese more of the combiner teams

Smile

Woo hoo!!! Fantastic news. I was pretty groggy from sleep when I saw this post in the morning and thought it might be a cruel joke or my eyes playing tricks on me.

I'm so loving the encore series and I hope this sells well for the sake of more combiner releases in the future.

This is exciting news! I didn't get this mould back in Car Robot/RID due to colour. Now finally in original (or new improvement of) G1 colour! Don't have to settle for getting a Universe Bruticus afterall...