Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Animated Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock

Default Pics of Animated Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock

Noticed that official pictures are up of the anounced Voyager sized Hydrodive Bumblebee:

http://tformers.com/transformers-fir...0784/news.html

Interesting accessory but most interesting of all is that it's a brand new Bumblebee mould. It looks to be smaller than the deluxe and much better proportioned. The arms are a definite improvement and the giant feet doesn't look as ridiculous anymore. Although still very bulky up back.
    Last edited by Stompy; 16th January 2009 at 10:10 AM.

The first thing that comes to mind is my Action Master Thundercracker with his transforming Solo Mission Jet Plane.

The second thing that comes to mind is Rattrap's submarine from Beast Wars.

The Bumblebee figure itself looks nice.

looks like a Centurion to me.... :P
    i'm definitely getting him. custom coming up???

Um so it's ( bumblebee) voyager sized? Shouldn't it be deluxe sized ( or slightly smaller but still comparative sizewise) only otherwise its as big as Animated Prime. Sigh, what am I saying, its TF, when has that been not an issue with Hasbro, . I like the look of the add-on , even if it is blue mebbe coz of the clear bits. Clearly Hasbro's stock of blue tint has not yet been exhausted. But then I guess it being a sub makes sense to make it blue for water...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I like the look of Bumblebee. It kind of looks like a hybrid of the Activator and Deluxe.
    I'm curious about the accessory though. Kind of...ok... I just hope they use it in season 3
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The second thing that comes to mind is Rattrap's submarine from Beast Wars.
    First thing that came to my mind!

I was very surprised to see how big the accessory is, and that he is a voyager, I was expecting another Deluxe (albeit smaller) with a moderately sized accessory, much like Prowl.

I need more pics before I decide either way, especially on the sub section, if it doesn't transform what purpose does it serve (rather than to push a small deluxe figure into the voyager price point)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Try to remember, that Walmart dictates to Hasbro that they have to keep releasing new product constantly, so Hasbro has to find a way to keep the core characters on the shelves for kids to keep supporting the series and give it the legs to last more than a year. We've seen Prowl and (a new) Bumblebee now released with accessories, to get them on Walmart's shelves, so maybe this is what we will see more of in future - the core cast of the current show in the first year of toys, and then new toys or re-released toys with extra accessories. It's either that or recolours with a prefix name that kids and collectors aren't really accepting, because they are particularly attentive to the colours of their beloved characters on the show.
    The Grimlock redeco maybe could have used some other colours as highlights with the gold... A bit too much gold for me.

The new Bumblebee is a MUST-HAVE. Period.

Grimlock looks lame. It'd have been better if they repainted him purple in homage to the other Tyrannosaurus that David Kaye has voiced, yessss.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    looks like a Centurion to me...

Separated at birth?
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 18th January 2009 at 02:53 PM.