Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Toys & More retooling of existing toys...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Editted title to reflect the new BBee toy (at least). Still not sure if the Starscream toy is entirely new...
    If that Starscream is an entirely new mould/design, I can't believe they had 2 years to come up with something that looks more like the starfish from Spongebob Squarepants...
    They did a nice job with the new Optimus toy, and the new BBee looks nice, but Starscream in robot mode looks terrible. Especially the big flat body and spindly legs sticking out the bottom.
    I think the new Starscream transforms back-to-front compared to the old toy.

On the last toy, the cockpit slid up from the front of the plane to the back of the plane, which meant the front of the plane was the bottom of his torso. On this toy, it looks like the back of the plane is the bottom of his torso, with the cockpit just turning around. You can see his vertical stabilizers/rear tail fins folding in half and down to become his crotch plates.

Whomever posed the legs in these box photos pushed his double-jointed knees down too far. Starscream's design has a more upright stance than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Mental note Hpoo: Be patient, wait till you see Takara's
    It's possible TakaraTomy will just release Hasbro's stuff again.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Im just after the "Sam" figure, hopefully there's a Mikaela too, and "Mojo"
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

NEW Bumblebee! OMG YES! Whats one more when you already have 12 from the first line?
    Can I just say I really like this new sculpt of Starscream and I believe people's reaction to the legs is pre-emptive this is one photo. Furthermore he has hands! But hopefully this time round we will see a leader class Starscream as well. I can see this line is going to hurt my pocket with so many awesome additions already!

Very cool stuff. I don't think I can turn down that Ironhide either as that BFG looks great in robot mode.

wow. That's actually pretty awesome

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Bumblebee should be deluxe. It's in a movie scene box afterall.

Ironhide looks like they just added a tray mount. Big deal.

Screamer does look much different, I reckon the jet looks much better and it does look like he's got hands this time. I might look out for that one.

But yea, with these improvements, I'd be happy to suggest everone wait until the 3rd movie to see how much better yet again these toys will get.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Ironhide has more accurate cannons now. The old one just sorta looked like his movie cannons.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I am really liking the patterning on Starscream's jet mode.

I don't like the gimmick of having the symbols painted on the toys, because we haven't seen any yet on the actual vehicles being filmed. And even if they did make it a plot device to have symbols painted over them, it'd just spoil the look of the vehicle modes. I think they are spoiling the toys, just to make the toys look more gimmicky with the Egyptian theme. If it isn't movie accurate having the symbols on them, maybe Takara will leave them off...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Im just after the "Sam" figure, hopefully there's a Mikaela too, and "Mojo"
    It will be interesting if there are indeed others these action figures are nice to show the scale of the transformers. Even better if they interact as well. Like been able to sit inside in vehicle mode for example.