Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

Megatran Guest

^ Any chance it will be available again in Australia?

I was waiting for the price to drop in Big W when it was available but ended up being sold out

Best to email or call Hasbro Australia, and see if they will get this one in (it's different to the one we got here).

I wasn't expecting to find anything worth buying retail in HK (as I was surprised to see that TFs are pretty expensive at TRU), so when I saw the Construct-Bots Predaking advertised in the TRU catalogue as a TRU exclusive there, I looked around for it... but couldn't see it. So I asked a staff-member, and they looked out back, and found a case (of 3) and put them on the shelf. Price is HK$400 though (about AU$60), which is a lot more than their price for similar sized sets (the Triplechanger ones).
    This figure/set is a Target exclusive in America... so might not be released globally or in big numbers.
    They had some freebies though...
    - tin carry case if you buy over HK$400 of Construct-Bots.
    - a small square Kreo display base-plate if you buy over HK$200 of Kreo TFs.
    - a free Beast Hunters comic (not released in comic shops) by IDW for any TFs purchase. (Details and photos will be in a news topic in the next day)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wasn't expecting to find anything worth buying retail in HK (as I was surprised to see that TFs are pretty expensive at TRU), so when I saw the Construct-Bots Predaking advertised in the TRU catalogue as a TRU exclusive there, I looked around for it... but couldn't see it. So I asked a staff-member, and they looked out back, and found a case (of 3) and put them on the shelf. Price is HK$400 though (about AU$60), which is a lot more than their price for similar sized sets (the Triplechanger ones).
    This figure/set is a Target exclusive in America... so might not be released globally or in big numbers.
    They had some freebies though...
    - tin carry case if you buy over HK$400 of Construct-Bots.
    - a small square Kreo display base-plate if you buy over HK$200 of Kreo TFs.
    - a free Beast Hunters comic (not released in comic shops) by IDW for any TFs purchase. (Details and photos will be in a news topic in the next day)
    I found stuff to be pretty well-priced in HK, though some exclusive stuff was a bit high. $200 for a Hasbro MP-13 wasn't bad though. I wasn't allowed to get one while I was there, because it'd be cheaper here. Great.

Compared to here, the prices seemed just as expensive... when they used to be on par with American prices a few years back.
    Some examples of the HK price in AU$ (using the current rate of 6.7)...
    Voyagers were AU$40 (compared to about $20 in American),
    Ultimate BH Optimus AU$86
    Platinum Optimus AU$120 (it was about $70 here I think)
    Platinum Omega Supreme AU$150.
    Platinum Ultra Magnus was AU$60 (it was oddly significantly cheaper than the other two)
    Weaponisers AU$60 (these are about AU$30 in America)
    GEN Deluxes were AU$22 (probably the only thing that was cheaper than here... if we got those here - but still a lot more than the AU$15 price in America)
    First Edition Deluxes were AU$21.
    BH Deluxes were on sale for AU$15, but they didn't have the final wave (with Prowl ).
    Legions were AU$9. (more expensive than here - but it was interesting to see that the JP Legions/EZ were the same price)
    CMDR class was AU$15 (comparable to our price, but way over the American price)
    JP GTR were AU$90.
    GO! Kenzan was AU$64.
    The other two combiners were only AU$30 each.
    Cyberverse Vehicle sets were AU$36 (which was our regular price here, compared to AU$20 in America)
    Kreo combiners were AU$21 (close to our price, but again, twice American pricing)
    MP Soundwave was AU$209
    MP Acidstorm was AU$120
    TFs Chocolate Monopoly game (found at DJs here) for AU$15 (slightly less than our price)

Basically, for anything by Hasbro, it is cheaper to import in bulk from somewhere like Amazon or BBTS (or buy in Australia as a last resort if it is available here). I just can't see any reason to buy Hasbro TFs from HK if there are those other options available. (similarly in Singapore too - it's like Hasbro US have made sure they are now the only cheap country for TFs)
    But for anything from TakaraTomy, the HK prices aren't too bad.

I took about 20 photos of the TRU range of TFs (there were so many toys), but will have to wait until I get back home before I get time to process and upload them.

It was just lucky they only had two rare items that I wanted (that I couldn't get online for less).

Wave 3 of the Construct-Bots are now already out in America. Includes 4 more of the smallest size class - Silverbolt, Cliffjumper, Deadend and Breakdown.

Nice. Ive been waiting for Breakdown, should see him drop into my PoL soon & that should do it

when i was in HK last year, the only thing I found worth buying was Gen or TFP deluxes.... were about $15 . The HK dollar was a bit weaker then though, about 8HKD to 1AUD.

but agreed, most TFs are probably better sourced from the US, but need to bulk order to get most out of shipping. (got some deluxes recently from Amazon for $10USD each )

For those having trouble finding Beast Hunters DLX Prowl (being in the last wave, which seemed to have a limited release with the black redeco of Bumblebee - but scalpers and collectors scooped up Prowl)... there looks to be a second chance, with bonus 2-packs being found at American Walmarts, for just US$10 plus tax (which is less than half the price of two individual Deluxes in America).
    Hopefully some of those filter through to the secondary market (if the Prowl wave never gets to Australia), or at least affects the scalper pricing of the Prowls already online.

The next wave of Generations toys are now being found at US retail (yes, they were out in Asia a couple weeks ago) - which is the Deluxe wave of Waspinator, Skids, Dreadwing and Goldfire, and the Voyger wave of Rhinox and Doubledealer.