Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243444959 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

Griffin, If JustOwen is interested remind him than if he purchases a Combiner Wars figure from Toys R Us here in HK he can pick up the sticker sheet for Menasor/Superion for free (I was given 2 sheets the other day when I brought Megs for my son).

Also, if buying QT Jazz check the quality of him first. I picked one up for my son as he is collecting these cute little buggers (they are so much fun to play with) and the paint app on Jazz was really sloppy compared to everyone else he's got.

The Kreo is really popular here even though a lot of stores seem to be putting it in obscure locations (especially Toys R Us) but I suspect it will sell out quickly, especially Shockwave who seems to be quite a favourite among locals (and who can blame them!).

Okay, I'll let him know about the stickers... but unless he can get them with something else, he already has the first two waves of Combiners, and leaves HK before the Protectobots are supposed be released.

So much good stuff, I'm gonna have to go back over there soon... and before all the kreo disappears (since we aren't getting any of it here this year, and American online stores don't seem to be stocking it anymore either).

(I was just off replying to your post on TFW2005... and I find you over here posting about the same things on this site. )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay, I'll let him know about the stickers... but unless he can get them with something else, he already has the first two waves of Combiners, and leaves HK before the Protectobots are supposed be released.
    It is kind of annoying they released the sticker sheet so "late" (only came out in the last couple of weeks) and as the stickers are only for Superion and Menasor figures most of those lines have already sold out even in Toys R Us.
    I'm not sure how strict Toys'R'Us is but if he buys ANY Transformers products from Toys'R'Us get him to ask and see (or even ask first if he can get the stickers with any Transformers purchase) - it's always worth a shot.
    If they are still around when Toys R Us get the next wave I'll try and get a couple more sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So much good stuff, I'm gonna have to go back over there soon... and before all the kreo disappears (since we aren't getting any of it here this year, and American online stores don't seem to be stocking it anymore either).
    I'm actually a bit worried the Kreo line isn't going to last here long either despite its popularity in HK as it is getting harder to find. It amuses me that they fill the shelves with those ugly non-transforming titan figures but hide the Kreo in obscure locations (especially Toys R Us where it isn't even remotely near the lego anymore) so it isn't noticed and doesn't sell as well/quickly.
    My offer still stands if any of you guys and gals are headed over and want to catch up to explore let me know.

Do you want me to post HK sightings over here btw? I don't because I'm not sure how interested you all are in what we find on the streets here in HK (unless you're visiting), but I am happy to share what I do come across if people are interested. (eg TAV and TED figures hit the HK shelves this week)

And the reason I asked where the photos were taken is because perception is that Hong Kong Island is more expensive than Kowloon but if these were taken in Mong Kok/Yau Ma Tei it means Kowloon is actually slightly more pricey right now which I find fascinating.

Kinda annoying that the big stores I can get items from don't sell Kreo any more. I am with griffin in actually wanting these Battle Changers but have no way of obtaining ..

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    It is kind of annoying they released the sticker sheet so "late" (only came out in the last couple of weeks) and as the stickers are only for Superion and Menasor figures most of those lines have already sold out even in Toys R Us.
    I'm not sure how strict Toys'R'Us is but if he buys ANY Transformers products from Toys'R'Us get him to ask and see (or even ask first if he can get the stickers with any Transformers purchase) - it's always worth a shot.
    If they are still around when Toys R Us get the next wave I'll try and get a couple more sheets.
    Just noticed the sticker sheet on Robotkingdom's Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9870600&type=1

Was in Toys R Us Causeway Bay today and they finally have a sign up for the stickers:

I was able to score my sets by just buying CW Megs (HK$499) so guess I got off lightly as you have to buy *4* CW figures @ HK$159.90 each to obtain the sticker sheet!
    Promotion runs to the 31st May.

As for the Battle Changer Kreo's - Toys R Us only had Bumblebee and he was HK$99.
    I'm going to go hunting at a few other places next week once my sprogs are back in school so will see what I can find. I regret not picking up the double packs when I first saw them several months ago as they initially released here for HK$99 but have steadily gone up in price since then.
    Zippo - if you want specific ones I can always try and obtain them for you and ship over to NZ if you let me know who you are after. Always happy to help out a fellow kiwi (or any Aussies who are in the same boat).

Do you want me to post HK sightings over here btw? I don't because I'm not sure how interested you all are in what we find on the streets here in HK (unless you're visiting), but I am happy to share what I do come across if people are interested. (eg TAV and TED figures hit the HK shelves this week)
    Don't worry too much about posting sightings here, unless it is something significant or new that you really want to share with the rest of the world.
    I don't want you to feel obligated just because you are a member here, as we don't have a huge HK readership... and the sightings in other countries are more for the amusement of Australian members here (which I often post the more significant first global sightings in this topic anyway).

Was in Toys R Us Causeway Bay today and they finally have a sign up for the stickers:

I was able to score my sets by just buying CW Megs (HK$499) so guess I got off lightly as you have to buy *4* CW figures @ HK$159.90 each to obtain the sticker sheet!
    Promotion runs to the 31st May.
    The Asian ToysRUs stores are awesome with bonus items aren't they.
    When I was in HK in November 2013, they had two Transformers freebies - the Beast Hunters comic from IDW (which never ended up being printed in English), and the Kreo display base-plate.
    And the staff were really great with giving out extras... probably because people had to ask for them, which left them with boxes of unclaimed items when I was there.

Zippo - if you want specific ones I can always try and obtain them for you and ship over to NZ if you let me know who you are after. Always happy to help out a fellow kiwi (or any Aussies who are in the same boat).
    Might take you up on that offer, though it won't be this month as I am trying to figure out how I can double the allowance I give myself so I can get Defensor as soon as released.

The REALLY hard to find Angry Birds Jenga sets have now appeared at a discount chain in America... which will make it even harder to find them if Hasbro are selling them off cheap to unusual locations and stores.

(it's four of the characters that were in the single/double sets we got here, but these ones are non-transforming... they are just heads plugged into the top of a vehicle)