Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 677782838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

Studio Series DLX Bumblebee Movie figures (Brawn, Ratchet, Wheeljack) now out in America... so could show up here soon, or at least on Amazon as American stock.

The next Legacy GEN Selects DK-2 Guard (black Ironhide) has been found in Peru... so could be showing up in other countries soon too.
    (our release date is April 1st, but could be out earlier if the stock is here before then)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The next Legacy GEN Selects DK-2 Guard (black Ironhide) has been found in Peru.
    Kup, you're up

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Studio Series 86 Sludge is ... somewhere From context, I presume it came from Hasbro Pulse, or one of the Asian retailers who seem to routinely get stuff quite early.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Studio Series 86 Sludge is ... somewhere From context, I presume it came from Hasbro Pulse, or one of the Asian retailers who seem to routinely get stuff quite early.
    He didn't get it in packaging, so it would mean that it isn't out yet, and the person who posted up pics is likely to have just got it from where-ever those youtube reviewers get their unreleased "samples" from. No one who has obtained a new toy in packaging, would ever not show the toy in packaging, as that is a key image people post up online to the fandom, so it is always a red flag if you ever see it happen by fans or reviewers with new toys.
    The person also noted that it was "in the mail" which would have been at least a couple days from the source, so if it was shipped from a legit retail source, people would have been posting up a couple days ago that their orders were being processed and being shipped.
    Also, one of the regular sources of unreleased toys has also posted up a video (without packaging), so both people must have just received them at the same time from their Asian source.

There has always been a huge demand by a small number of fans to be the first to get their hands on new toys, just for some short-lived attention in the fandom.
    Don't get me wrong, it is very exciting when you are the first in the world to show off a new toy to the fandom (all of mine have been toys from retail that came out here first, or were toys/samples from Hasbro Australia), but I doubt anyone in the global fandom would even know my name or remember me from those first reveals.... and I have no interest in trying to maintain that attention by tracking down more unreleased toys (or compete with the current guys who get these unreleased toys from shady sources - certainly not from Hasbro, because any time I've been loaned or sent a toy to officially reveal, I am not allowed to reveal it until a specific day set by Hasbro America).

The first of the Legacy toys have now been found at US retail - Voyagers (Bulkhead and Blaster). Shouldn't be too much longer until they start showing up here, as Kingdom waves appear to have stopped here now (the last new waves here were in January).

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Anyone care to speculate on when they'll hit our shelves?

Wave 1 Legacy Cores and Voyagers have been out this week in Singapore, which I use as a barometer for Australian general retail (Kmart, Big W etc) releases - we are often 3-4 weeks behind SG. So that's my guess. I have a feeling Legacy will come before the last waves of WFC Kingdom (Tigatron, Blaster, Hot Rod, Pipes, Slammer) and those Kingdom waves won't get a widespread release.

Word is that they are coming out here very soon.
    (I imagine that most retailers are waiting to clear out more of their Kingdom inventory first before wanting to stock a whole new toyline, so they might show up on places like Amazon Australia and Toyworld first)