Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Fair enough!

Personally I can't wait for all of Feb's figures... including the stands. I even have a friend, who doesn't collect MOTUC, who is absolutely beside himself with anticipation for Battle Cat. He only bought the reissue of He-man so that he could put him on BC... no other reason at all.

I watched the He-Man/ She-Ra "Secret of the Sword" last night on you tube. Havent seen this since i dont know when and quite enjoyed it.

I might watch this thread a little more now, might even pick up some figures!
    Oh- and is it just me or is Battle Cats voice done by the same guy who does Seaspray?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Oh- and is it just me or is Battle Cats voice done by the same guy who does Seaspray?
    Sure is! It's Alan Oppenheimer... MOTU only had something like 4 voice actors, so they all did multiple roles. Along with Battle Cat, Oppenheimer voiced Skeletor, Mer-Man and Man-at-arms amongst others. On Transformers he did Seaspray (in his Mer-Man voice) as well as Warpath and Beachcomber! Pretty cool if you ask me!

Incidentally, he also voiced Falkor from The Never-Ending Story! He was pretty proficient in the 80s!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I watched the He-Man/ She-Ra "Secret of the Sword" last night on you tube. Havent seen this since i dont know when and quite enjoyed it.

I might watch this thread a little more now, might even pick up some figures!
    It's not just you - Battle Cat and Seaspray are both Allan Oppenheimer. But for some real Seasprayity you really need to watch an episode featuring Mer-Man - Oppenheimer does the exact same gargling voice for both aquatic characters.

Secret of the Sword is one of my two favourite cartoon movies ever. (It's probably not a stretch to guess what the other one is.)

Beat you to it Sky Shadow

Now now- theres plenty of me to go around!

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Got me some classic MOTU lovin at Nexus on the weekend. A lot of figures there were missing accessories, or I wasn't sure if they were complete, but found one that I took a chance on because its gimmick was working, and was only $20 - Mosquitor.
    The 'blood' gimmick would have made this one a popular one for the kiddies when it was released...

Starting to get the urge again to get the figures I'm missing (had an obsessive splurge beginning of 2008, and with this one, I'm now only missing 19 of the first 70 figures - and I really want some of the playsets, but I'd better not with BotCon approaching... ).

Hey Griff, that's a really good price for Mosquitor!! His asking price is usually pretty high because he's a pretty popular figure (due to the gimmick). Nice score!

I too have been buying many of the vintage figures lately. I picked up a complete original Castle Grayskull for only $80 a few weeks ago (I don't think the guy knew what he was selling, since I know a store here in SA that is selling just the Castle Grayskull box for $150! Again, that's JUST the box!)

That artwork is where the real money is... which is why some of the mini-comics I need to complete my set cost anywhere from $50-100!

Ive seen a lot of original figures on ebay quite cheap- how easy is it to find accessories? Are they worth it?

Dont tell me i have to rummage through a sqillion boxes at the toyfair! lol

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I forgot to mention my acquisitions

Adora, Battle Armour He-Man and Beastman have arrived