Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

What the hell ? what on earth is that flocked bunny? i cant wait to get he-bread

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    What the hell ? what on earth is that flocked bunny? i cant wait to get he-bread
    That's Battle Bunny. 100% flocking, 0% articulation, just the way it should be.

(I got home the other day to discover that my wife had bought the bunny for me as a present. I have no idea what it's supposed to do, just that it's awesome and that Moss Man and Battle Bunny have been an inseparable duo ever since.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's Battle Bunny. 100% flocking, 0% articulation, just the way it should be.

(I got home the other day to discover that my wife had bought the bunny for me as a present. I have no idea what it's supposed to do, just that it's awesome and that Moss Man and Battle Bunny have been an inseparable duo ever since.)
    Moss mans long lost love, who would of thought it would of been a furry green bunny.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

My Evil-Lyn, Hordak and Venkman arrived today. WOW - that was fast!!

Evil-Lyn is actually a really, really good figure. I thought she looked great anyway, but she's even better in person! I definitely prefer the wand over the staff, and the dagger is a bit meh. Laserbeak - er Screeeeech is awesome too!

PS: Love Battle Bunny!

Got my Hordak recently also. He = LOVE.
    My intention was to only get any Horde members but Trap Jaw and Webster look sooooooo cool im almost tempted to pay the inflated ebay prices for them!!

webstor should be pretty cheap... was one on aussie ebay for 35 including postage, pretty close to retail. Not sure if it's still there... my computer is a bit slow atm.

Isn't this typical - I bid on 11 MOTU auctions, fairly cheaply because of BotCon registration soon, so was expecting a few to be lost.
    10 were items I didn't have, and one was to replace a broken toy I have in my collection. I lost all but one - can you guess which one I won...

If I'm not gonna save anything on combined shipping, it would have been nice for it to at least be a toy I DON'T already have.

On a happy note, I did get in the mail today the DVD of the 2002 MOTU cartoon, and watched half a dozen episodes already. I like seeing all those toy characters being used early on (original series took 50 episodes before seeing more than the initial dozen), and more realistic violence (it's war after all). It's just a pity that it was axed after 39 episodes. If only Mattel had marketted the toys better (from what I read, they short-packed characters to such an extreme, kids and collectors were too frustrated to keep looking for any of the toys). Not to mention the body proportions on the toys being really weird, making them ugly toys IMO.

I successfully ordered Tytus, Optikk, Mer-Man and Walter Peck

Big day today. Not only finding a whole new wave of TFs, but picked up these from the post office today as well...

From left, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Point Dread, Castle Grayskull, plus Original Skeletor and Webstor.

Most of it's complete, and there are a few broken bits. But considering the age and fragile nature of these toys, I'm really surprised these things were even designed for young kids.
    The Fright Zone is a lot bigger than I was expecting, but a bit lame, and doesn't appear to be anything from the cartoon, so probably wasn't popular at the time. Actually, even Snake Mountain wasn't designed to look like the version on the cartoon, which is really odd (and not very clever). Then again, this was still in the early years of toyline-cartoon cross-selling, so accuracy probably wasn't yet necessary to sell the toys.

I got the Sorceress coming soon, and she now has a home (Grayskull) when she arrives.
    That should keep me going, until after BotCon.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Awesome griffin! Does your Snake Mountain microphone still work?