Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new board, again...

sorry to be dumb..what's a rego?

Registration. Australians don't like words with more than two syllables so they're often contracted to 1 or 2 syllables - usually with "-ie" on the end but "Reggie" is already a contraction for "Reginald" so it's contracted as "rego" instead.

e.g.
    registration -> rego
    vegetables -> vegies
    underwear -> undies

...it gets weirder in Japanese...
    Transformers (Toransufoomaa) -> Torafo
    Starscream (Sutaasukuriimu) -> Sutasuku

Either the spammers haven't found this new board, or the registration process blocks them a lot better than the old board did.
    Saber didn't try to register 14 times. Only twice before I told him not to. Those are the two invalidated numbers. Everyone one else as of this posting is a current, active member. Still an impressive number (70 active members), considering they all registered here within just 2 weeks, from a single topic on the old board mentioning the new location.

Hey Hey, I'm in... and I like!

Thanks Griffin.

Erm i'm currently using Firefox and having problems with the pop-ups when someone PMs you..is there any fix to this???

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Erm i'm currently using Firefox and having problems with the pop-ups when someone PMs you..is there any fix to this???
    Define "problems". You should know better Mr. Tester

I suspect you have to implicitly tell Firefox to permit popups from the new site.

I use Firefox too but haven't had popups blocked, rather I haven't seen any notification of PMs other than the number changing at the top of screen. I also don't get email notifications about them, but I assume both are settings I have to manually set and haven't.

Figured out the problem...its pop-ups. Both paul and jaydisc are perfect testers.
    Was awake this morning and didn't really see the actual fault. me bad

grrrr [benben, 2008]

In hindsight, it seems that the popups are actually JavaScript dialog boxes, not popup windows, so that might assist others in debugging.

A belated thanks for the new home Griffin!

A problem though:

I'm not receiving email notifications for subscribed topics and I can't find anything wrong that I'm doing?

Do you get notifications for subscribed threads straight away like tho old board or not? I just dont like missing out on 'important' threads like group buy info etc.

Small problems:

Is it easy to change the smilies back to the ones we had on the other board - I liked them more :P

Is it difficult to impliment a small icon for this site like you see in most browser address bars? I can create it if you give me the specs.