Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Walmart Chronicles

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

I'd be heading to the centre of Nevada to live.

jay...see what your report made Wal-mart do !!!!! *lol*

http://tformers.com/transformers-wal...0889/news.html

Ha ha... nice.

More proof of Walmart's evilness:

Nice write up Jay, kinda backed up what I had been told about Walmart by friends and family who had visited the states.

I believe that Woolworths and Big W want to trial a combined store, similar to Walmart, and there were stories in the local paper last September about Wesfarmers wanting to trial a combined coles/kmart store in Eastern Creek, (in the business park/industrial area on the old Wonderland site), but I don't think it got the go ahead.

Anyone else have a Kmart that is extending it's opening hours? Kmart Mt Druitt is now open till midnight on weekdays...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Coles Group already have the combined concept, at least up here, for 15-20 years, with 2 'Hypermarkets'. If they or Woolworths wanted to see if the concept could work, they just have to see how effective these Hypermarkets are.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Coles Group already have the combined concept, at least up here, for 15-20 years, with 2 'Hypermarkets'. If they or Woolworths wanted to see if the concept could work, they just have to see how effective these Hypermarkets are.
    Could you explain more?

We have had Coles and Kmart stores that sit alongside one another and are the only stores on their block, but they are two separate stores. Are these Hypermarkets altogether in the one building, under the same roof?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

In America, There are Walmarts and Walmart "Supercenters". There are also Targets and "Super" Targets. The "Supers" both contain at supermarket additions under the same roof. I think both types of both already have pharmacies, garden centers, and all sorts of bonus sh1t.

Great write up.

I'm not a fan of Walmart type vnetures not b/c of their customer service but more b/c of their business structure. As profitable as it is, it creates an unhealthy market position in the long run.

But who is to blame really? Regulators for not ensuring that such market power's not concentrated. Or ourselves for the pursuing the savings w/out a sense of business morality?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    In America, There are Walmarts and Walmart "Supercenters". There are also Targets and "Super" Targets. The "Supers" both contain at supermarket additions under the same roof. I think both types of both already have pharmacies, garden centers, and all sorts of bonus sh1t.
    They have sort of been doing that with Big W
    The one at Doncaster has an optometrist
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|