Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Surprises from the IDW Panel at NYCC09

I agree STL, and I'll preface this by saying I haven't read AHM yet (I'll read the first trade when it is out which I think is in a week or two). But from all the bashing of Drift I've seen there doesn't actually seem to be much that he's done to be annoying. From the sounds of it he hasn't stolen the show or even had a whole heap of characterisation yet.

I'm just as pissed as the next guy that it seems IDW have let the existing universe get screwed up a bit. But I'm happy to get new TF stories (just would have preferred it to be in a separate continuity) and I think getting a new toy of a new comic character should be a good thing for the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Ultimately though the Drift spotlight that will make or break the character, and I will be getting that spotlight because believe it or not I and I think everyone else would like to see Drift become something, up untill then though and we get something solid I suspect the Drift bashing may continue.
    Have to agree of Spotlight Drift being the make or break for the character.

I hope that the issues focuses on Drift, rather than throwing a whole heap of spanners and "huh?" moments regarding the IDW timeline like Spotlight Blurr did.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Have to agree of Spotlight Drift being the make or break for the character.

I hope that the issues focuses on Drift, rather than throwing a whole heap of spanners and "huh?" moments regarding the IDW timeline like Spotlight Blurr did.
    I agree on that too. I may not like how the character and even the spotlight is being promoted but whatever happens in there, it will cement Drift's perception for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I think you have it there it's the marketing that really drives a lot of this anti Drift feeling, the way he was promoted, along with the rumours of a new Toy based on the IDW left many with the Impression IDW regarded Drift as the coolest thing ever to happen in Transformers. It feels as if Drift is nothing more than a marketing ploy to draw people in.
    It's too bad that some people feel this way. From my involvement in the series it's my understanding that it happened the other way round: A new character was needed to fit a particular aspect of the story - Guido's design needed to be approved by Hasbro - Hasbro were really excited about the design concepts and started talking toys - IDW were excited that Hasbro were excited. He was never designed to be the coolest guy ever...

...everyone knows that's Cliffjumper

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Get over it. No, really. Don't like Drift? Fine. Don't make it your mission to diss the guy. Leave to what he does in the comic/his Spotlight. You ruin it for everybody else - whether or nto they've made their mind up about it. TFs come and go and deal with the fact that Hasbro liked the idea enough to give it a go ahead.
    Aymen to that!
    Personally I think it's just fun and exciting to see a toy of a comic book character. Being a comic fan - am glad to see comic characters getting the toy treatment. Either way, I'm looking forward to all the IDW upcoming TF stuff But - I still haven't read spotlight sideswipe! *SHOCK!*

OH! And it's great to see you here again Hutch I just find it sad - though predictable that people are essentially bringing with them the trukknotmunkyy mentality- Personally - I'm just enjoying the ride - both Furman and Hutchison's stuff

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Aymen to that!
    Personally I think it's just fun and exciting to see a toy of a comic book character. Being a comic fan - am glad to see comic characters getting the toy treatment. Either way, I'm looking forward to all the IDW upcoming TF stuff But - I still haven't read spotlight sideswipe! *SHOCK!*

OH! And it's great to see you here again Hutch I just find it sad - though predictable that people are essentially bringing with them the trukknotmunkyy mentality- Personally - I'm just enjoying the ride - both Furman and Hutchison's stuff
    I certainly havent read any or bought any of AHM, what and who is this Drift guy? well whoever he is, it would be cool to have a comic character to be translated into a toy.. as lcz said.... just like what they did to Primus. Personally though I prefer that Primus toy be a tad bit taller like supreme Starscream or energon Omega Supreme.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    what and who is this Drift guy?
    Here (^_^)

I want a toys for Nova Prime, Impactor, Straxus and of course, the mighty Scrounge.

C'mon, make it happen, Hasbro
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I stop monitoring this topic after about the 10th post, and it just descends into character bashing...

Along the lines of what STL said, if you have a problem with something that you can avoid or ignore, do so. Don't obsess about it, as it will just spoil everything else related to it for you. And others don't need to see it over and over again if you have expressed your dislike before.

And take note of what Hutch said, as he is on the inside to actually know what really happened to bring that character to where it is today.