Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions.

2 ebay wins in a row, this is amazing, I can't remember the last time this has happened. G1 Horri-Bull £18.00 + £7.20(registered) postage and now Squeeze play for £31.00. He was sitting on £18.00 but someone else decided to have a go. Oh well it's from the same seller so hopefully he hasn't sent the other one off yet so I can save on postage. WOOHOO only £1.00 in extra postage to put the items in the same package.
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 28th February 2008 at 11:10 AM.

I just picked up my 600th Transformer: Supreme Cybertron Starscream new in box from Ebay for the delightfully evil total price of $66.60

Yeah, it would have been great if this was my 666th Transformer but I couldn't find 66 other Transformers to buy yesterday

I also got a bunch of other toys in today from one seller that averaged out to $16 a figure:

G1: Swindle
    Beast Wars: Terrorgator, Bantor, Transquito
    Beast Machines: Longhorn
    Armada: Hotshot, Sideswipe, Blurr
    Energon: Ironhide, Insecticon, Snowcat, Hotshot
    Universe: Treadshot
    and a Walmart exclusive Universe Dinobot Sludge, which I never knew existed until I saw it listed for sale.

(also some stowaway from Eternia that sets totally unrealistic body expectations for young men...)

Last edited by Paulbot; 28th February 2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added photo

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Courtesy of Unca Iceburn for the last two. And they round out Ultra Magnus' team. I've been waiting for Ultra Magnus for a long time. As soon as I got him all the others that have been sitting in packaging came out immmediately. And I also found the repaint to really work. The shade of gray is less dull than Prime's gray and the light bright blue makes him seem a little different. The purple windows didn't quite warm to me at first but they really do work well once you transform it once or twice. The shade of blue for the armour is also really nice. They look lovely as a team.

I'm calling them:
    - Skyblast
    - Cliffjumper
    - First Aid (I don't really see the need for a "Rescue Ratchet", movie ratchet is movie ratchet!)
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Warpath
    - Evac
    - Air Raid

I do find that renaming and being able to form a good looking squad really helps to invigorate the collecting. Otherwise I'd would've hated Nightwatch Prime, Cliffjumper and Rescue Ratchet. It gives repaints some meaning and interest. I felt an overwhelming sense of joy when I found Nightwatch Prime cos it meant I had Ultra Magnus and I could complete my 2nd Autobot TFM team. Anyone else do that?
    Curse you STL and your ability to make me want repaints. Come on, REPAINTS?!

I do love the second Autobot team, I may have to steal the concept. I would change up the characters used though, I mean, I like Ratchet but I can't stand the thought of owning Rescue Ratchet. Maybe I'll go with Nightwatch Prime (Well, I like the Ultra Magnus rename there), Cliffjumper, Big Daddy, Grindcore, Evac and a couple scouts. I love the concept man, brilliant.

Now to go find these damned repaints. I think it's time to clear out the collection a little.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Over the past few days:
    - Ultra Magnus (IE. Nightwatch Prime) at the awesome price of $70!
    - Evac: he's my Mr. 1000! Woot!
    - Warpath
    I'm calling them:
    - Skyblast
    - Cliffjumper
    - First Aid (I don't really see the need for a "Rescue Ratchet", movie ratchet is movie ratchet!)
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Warpath
    - Evac
    - Air Raid
    Nice one STL.. I was confused for awhile about who was Ultra Magnus, it's really an interesting concept. But then again even before this, I was gonna buy Nightwatch Prime anyway, can't resist the Autobots and I told iceburn I might get Desert Brawl too since I didnt have the green one.. And I so regretted not getting Evac from Singapore, with the exchange rate, he was gonna be much cheaper.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Hasbro should've renamed it as a different character instead of relying on fans to do it - as admirable as the idea is, sadly it will never be canonically official for that toy, which sucks. :/

I personally don't see it as Ultra Magnus as Ultra Magnus was never a blue truck cab - but that's just me. As much as some people complain about all the white-Prime Magnus repaints, they are "G1 accurate" because G1 Magnus' cab was indeed white.

If they'd called it Sentinel Prime, I'd scoop it up - especially considering that Sentinel Prime is blue in Animated!

Picked up "Cybertron University" t-shirt from jays jays new tf collection.

damnit! I wish they had those shirts around when I was at uni!! (>_<)

hahaha def gonna buy that!!!!!!!!!!

got jetfire from IHEC , PROPS to you!!!!
    got bumblebee legends and optimus/ravage robot heroes

i am slowly getting there......
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I got my last few months worths of comics. No picture as I was being a tidy kiwi and stuck them in storage. Though in the process I managed to misplace two comics ...

Devastation #3, 4, 5
    BW Source Book #3, 4
    Spotlight Blaster, Acree
    BW The Assending #3, 4 <-- MIA

Default Sd Score

I just hit the Tomy capsule station at Kmart Broadway, and score a Phone Charm Optimus Prime (Movie Version)

This SD Optimus is a pretender type and inside is a small "Optimus Prime" truck
    See picture:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...charms_wmk.jpg

also comes in most movie flavor TF's