Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megatron's Cosmic Rust

Default Megatron's Cosmic Rust

I have just realized that my Megatron has developed Cosmic Rust on his feet. So far its fairly light but it has dulled the 'shine' a bit from the chrome.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do? Isn't there like anti rust solution to wipe rust off metal such as metal ware or something?

Thanks

Gen1 Megatron?
    I noticed that my MP Megatron's feet have 'decayed' as reports originally mentioned, and I don't think there is anything that can be done about them (because it isn't metal, or regular vaccumised plating).
    As for Gen1 Megatron, I think maybe a metal polish you can get in stores would work, but you would probably need to remove the feet from the (plastic) toy, and clean them throroughly after polishing them (to remove any chemical residue), before putting them back with the rest of the toy.

If it's MP Megs you're talking about then it's actually really easy to get rid of. It's tarnishing not rust, all you need is a jewlery cleaning cloth to give the effected areas a good scrub over. Unfortunately if left unattended for a while (like mine) as you said the metal loses some of its shine.

Thanks guys.

Its actually the MP Megatron, I didn't want to mention it accurately due to legal sensitivities surrounding it but figured that 'rusty' feet would be enough to determine which Megatron I was referring to since its a well documented occurrence on this toy.

I will give your suggestions a go, I also suspect that its tarnishing not rust since the surface has 'dulled' but is not rough.

that sucks, do any other Masterpieces have the same affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    that sucks, do any other Masterpieces have the same affliction?
    No one besides Megatron... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Its actually the MP Megatron, I didn't want to mention it accurately due to legal sensitivities surrounding it but figured that 'rusty' feet would be enough to determine which Megatron I was referring to since its a well documented occurrence on this toy.
    You have a NSW permit for the toy, so I think it'd be safe for you to openly talk about this toy that you legally own.

I have heard quite a few stories about MP Megatron's feet rusting... I haven't noticed any on mine yet (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You have a NSW permit for the toy, so I think it'd be safe for you to openly talk about this toy that you legally own.

I have heard quite a few stories about MP Megatron's feet rusting... I haven't noticed any on mine yet (knock on wood).
    Check it often. It seems to happen spontaneously. Less than a month ago, it was just fine but then again you have it in an enclosed box so that would certainly protect it much better.

Are there ways to prevent this from happening?
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Mayhaps a clear coating of some protective sealant would help.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]