Page 1021 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 100110111016101710181019102010211022102310241025102610311041 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,210 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Production errors / variations, not characters, the same as the differently coloured South American toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I see them as just variants / colouring mistakes
    Their releases were very much intentional as they spanned from 1984-1985 and got rubsign updates. You can also find packaging variations which have a photo of a yellow Cliffjumper or red Bumblebee on them.

In regards to whether they're unique characters. No I don't consider them unique characters, but they are unique toys. Like for instance we can have red and blue versions of POTP Swoop but they're still Swoop.
    I'd be fine with this being retconned down the track though. For instance, I'd be happy if they brought over Stinger from the movieverse and make him red Bumblebee.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

All they would need to do is a five second spot in a cartoon (or 2-3 panels in a comic) that has a Gen1 Cliffjumper and a Gen1 Bumblebee swapping colours as a prank to mess with the other Autobots, and then swapping back, and it never has to be another plot device or character... but allows for canonical redecos for years to come.

Please don't give Hasbro ideas. I'm glad people don't consider them characters. That means I don't need to buy the Yellow Porsche Bumblebee in the BB line.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You know, with the benefit of characters sharing similar moulds *cough* seekers *cough*... it's a wonder why Hasbro don't push something like the Firecons in modern TF media. Attractive eye-catching designs that can be turned around and released multiple times with minimal effort (even more so if you include G2 deco's).

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    You know, with the benefit of characters sharing similar moulds *cough* seekers *cough*... it's a wonder why Hasbro don't push something like the Firecons in modern TF media. Attractive eye-catching designs that can be turned around and released multiple times with minimal effort (even more so if you include G2 deco's).
    Firecons were all different moulds though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Firecons were all different moulds though.
    True, however the way they "reuse" moulds these days, it's a perfect fit.

I would like to see Legacy deluxes of Fizzle and Sizzle (and those have G2 and UK-comic-colour-swap repaints possibilities for Gen Selects)

The last Cindersaur toy was alright too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The last Cindersaur toy was alright too.
    I'm glad he got some love, however it wasn't for me. Would love to see some nice chunky Firecons in that Minibot / Cliffjumper scale.... Mmmmm yes please.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ooh, yes please. And they're surely on the way over the next couple of years, being some of the last few dozen G1 toys left to be re-done in the modern style.

So, am I the only one here that is thinking of buying two of every Legacy Stunticon to have both Menasor and the individual robots on display?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.