Page 1028 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 10081018102310241025102610271028102910301031103210331038 ... LastLast
Results 10,271 to 10,280 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I finished playing through rise of the dark spark and was kind of lamenting the end of the online MP, then I discovered this:
    Transformers Reenergized project. They are setting, have set up servers to breathe life into online play.

Anyone tried or knew about this? I've not tested it out yet.
    There are a tonne of projects out there to bring back multiplayer functionality to games that have had their servers turned off. If there's a PC version of a semi-popular game and multiplayer has been turned off, you can bet people will at least investigate making a mod to bring multiplayer back.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Ah yeah, I've heard of a few, but this one I was surprised to see works with PS3 versions of the game.

I remember having a bit of fun with fellow ozformers back in the day, anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ah yeah, I've heard of a few, but this one I was surprised to see works with PS3 versions of the game.
    Ah, probably because PS3 emulation and hacking are coming along well these days. It's easier for the end user to emulate the PS3 library than most Xbox 360 games.

Actually, because Microsoft is doing official emulation via the Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles and allowing homebrew devs actually to develop on retail consoles instead of devkits the emulation and hacking scene on the Xbox side is lagging behind Sony and Nintendo massively.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'd love to be able to play some of those Multiplayer games again, especially WFC and FOC.
    I had always wondered what it would take or cost to keep those servers running, or setting up new ones, because you are paying for a game and can't play half of it anymore.... something that the original host or publisher should be able to afford.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd love to be able to play some of those Multiplayer games again, especially WFC and FOC.
    I had always wondered what it would take or cost to keep those servers running, or setting up new ones, because you are paying for a game and can't play half of it anymore.... something that the original host or publisher should be able to afford.
    While there is the obvious cost of running or upgrading the hardware, it's nothing for a company like Activision Blizzard King which still has servers up for games like the original Modern Warfare and the original version of StarCraft. What a lot of people don't take into account is the tech support element. How many support emails is this old game generating? How often do I need to have my devs go and write new server code to fix an issue? Again, Activision Blizzard can afford all that so they really have zero defence. But for a small dev, it is relevant. It should be noted that Activision Blizzard and EA are the two worst offenders for shutting down old games' multiplayer servers. In EA's case, they want you to play the new version of your favourite game, rather than a two-year-old version so they can sell you new microtransactions. It's less clear what Activision's reason is, but given how much of a horrible, money-grubbing person the CEO Bobby Kotick is, it's likely just a profit thing.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, yes, it is a profit thing - what income is being generated by an old game? Not anywhere near enough to justify the costs of continued support, in the bean counters' book.

I don't accept the argument or situation, but you cannot argue against numbers with these companies.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I might give it a crack on the PS3 and see how hard/much of a hassle it is to make it work sometime this week.

Has it been announced/rumoured what the 6th dinobot for Legacy core class Volcanicus will be? With the recent Hasbro Pulse demonstration of Grimlock as the left leg, my guess is Snarl will be the other and Swoop one of the arms. Perhaps Slash from Power of the Primes? Or some new character based on an ankylosaurus (Gairyu from Dinoking)? And then wouldn't that mess up who Volcanicus is?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The 6th core Dinobot will be called Skar, and as it is now all-but-officially-confirmed that the core Dinobots are a planned pre-tool of a core Dinoforce, it is expected that Skar will be an ankylosaur, forming the left arm.

Shame that Slash has been left out, but I guess we all have assumed Slash is NOT an Anklyosaur. So I thik it's a fair call if it is a new Dinobot called Skar. Oh but I see Skar was in IDW.

Neat that they're keeping with Dinobots all having names starting with S. Paddles neds to be renamed Splash