Page 1033 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 1013102310281029103010311032103310341035103610371038 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,330 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Yo, does anyone have a problem with their SS-GE 02 Barricade because the head does not move

I was looking at my reissue Ultra Magnus and noticed that it says "distributed in Australia by Hasbro Australia" on the box.
    Note that the copyright year is 2012, so this is not the version that came out here in 2002.

So my question is, does anyone remember seeing these on shelves in Australia in 2012 (I already know they were here in 2002).
    I purchased this from Robot Kingdom about a year ago.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I don't recall it being specifically released here, but I think that blurb is a generic blurb put on all the releases. Pretty sure you would see the same on current Legacy stuff.

Yes, the distribution blurb on the packaging always covers all potential countries for that packaging... as they don't always know beforehand what products will end up in each country, so the blurb for customer contacts covers everything just in case. Other packaging styles (like with other languages), will have other potential countries listed.... while really generic items that has like 20 languages on it, will also have a really long list of potential countries on it.

Our reissues were mostly at ToysRUs before they died... and I don't remember it's release in 2012 at all, let alone it coming here.

Looking on tfwiki, it did get a surprise re-release in 2012, but have no other details. I guess it was one of the Hasbro Gen1 reissues during the time of the JP Encore toys (before it stopped in 2013 with numbered packaging).

Thanks Seraphim Prime and griffin, that makes sense. I've reached out to a few friends privately and they don't recall it being released here in 2012 either.
    Kind of weird for it to be on Robot Kingdom as recently as last year. I was curious if they had gotten "Australian stock" and then I'd ironically imported it back here but I guess not.

Gotta love the time that Hasbro went and printed and applied a load of stickers to cover up and change the name of "Spastic" to Over-Run, after a lot of people (including news outlets) complained about the name being offensive in Australia and the U.K. Only for the toy to not be released in either Australia or the U.K.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I never knew this.

I wonder that they were trying to infer with that name if it had no connotations in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I wonder that they were trying to infer with that name if it had no connotations in the US?
    Apparently in the U.S. the word "spastic" doesn't have any other connotation; it just refers to muscle spasms. I suppose it might be like naming a character "Seizure."

But it's okay for Michael Bay to name a character Richard Bot.
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dickbot_the_blender_guy

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Apparently in the U.S. the word "spastic" doesn't have any other connotation; it just refers to muscle spasms. I suppose it might be like naming a character "Seizure."
    My guess is the intended meaning was a character that is very hyperactive and random.
    Regardless, I'm glad they caught it and covered over it before it made it to market.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Gotta love the time that Hasbro went and printed and applied a load of stickers to cover up and change the name of "Spastic" to Over-Run, after a lot of people (including news outlets) complained about the name being offensive in Australia and the U.K. Only for the toy to not be released in either Australia or the U.K.
    I have one of these, and they shipped with a sticker over the name…… but I very carefully peeled it off, because I just *know* it’s going to be a rarity at some point.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!