Page 1036 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 101610261031103210331034103510361037103810391040 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,360 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

So what G1 names would you like to see reused as new Beast Wars characters? Obviously they don't need to be related to the G1 character; just as BW Inferno isn't anything like G1 Inferno, and yet the name suits him really well.

Here's my list:
    + Bumblebee. Beast mode: bee. Or even a hornet (repaint of Buzz Saw)
    + Hound. Beast mode: dog (even a straight up repaint of K-9 would work)
    + Laserbeak. Beast mode: bird (could be a repaint of Airazor; and yes, I am aware of Lazorbeak)
    + Buster. Beast mode: pterosaur; repaint of Terrorsaur but with Hydra's colours reversed (Hydra & Buster, get it?)
    + Pincher. Beast mode: scorpion; repaint of Scorponok
    + Octopunch. Beast mode: crab; repaint of Rampage or Razorclaw (octopus? No, Octopunch transforms into a crab!)
    + Stranglehold. Beast mode: rhinoceros; repaint of Rhinox
    + Apeface. Beast mode: ape; repaint of Optimus Primal
    + Snapdragon. Beast mode: dragon; repaint of TM2 Megatron
    + Grapple. Beast mode: praying mantis; repaint of Manterror
    + Venom. Beast mode: well... any venomous animal (e.g. cobra etc.) Could be a repaint of Colada or Nightviper or one of the arachnids.
    + Gnaw. Beast mode: any bitey animal - e.g. shark. Could be a repaint of Cybershark or Sharp Edge etc.
    + Weirdwolf. Beast mode: wolf; repaint of Wolfang
    + Fearswoop. Beast mode: any winged animal.

There is a fortnite promo with three transformers skins. Bumblebee, Megatron and.. the fortnite bus.

Does this mean a fortnite bus transformer toy is coming?

Does anyone know what happened to Legacy Cloudcover on JBHiFi? The pre-order has disappeared!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So have a whole bunch of other items (such as Nemesis). This happened with earlier waves of toys, and they returned a bit later. I expect it to happen again.

Ok. Thanks.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

When opening Beachcomber and Paradise Parakeet, I was surprised by just how small the bird is.

I actually think it's far too small to be named on the packaging and should have just been an accessory.

I think the Laserbeak with Kingdom Core Soundwave is quite small but he's not named on the box. I know WST Ravage is famously tiny but was WST Soundwave sold as "WST Soundwave and Ravage"?

The little figures that came with Unicron and the Ark are also not named.

As a named, on-the-box 'character' this little bird would have to be the smallest ever, right?

This was something I only just discovered today, which had me thinking... what if Hasbro did this for Transformers - would fans still buy them?

Over the last 2-3 years, Hasbro's Star Wars toyline has been doing several toys as "prototypes", which is just odd coloured plastic parts that you used to see in pre-production test shots. Each Star Wars toy has six different coloured parts, and is sold in six different arrangements of parts, but unless you know what it is homaging, it is quite hard on the eyes.... almost like some of the more colourful Gen2 Transformers.
    https://www.facebook.com/Starwarscol...993956/?type=3
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/s...-action-figure

I remember about 10-20 years ago, there was a lot of interest and competition in the online Transformers fandom over pre-production test samples, usually with odd colours or transparent plastic... and with Hasbro lately doing multiple redecos of various toy moulds including Christmas themed toys as well as the lazy plain black redecos that Takara pioneered 20 years ago, I am surprised that Hasbro hasn't tried homaging this concept as well.
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prototype
    If fans are willing to buy brightly coloured redecos homaging unreleased Gen2 toys, as well as mostly plain black redeco toys, why not randomly coloured toys that also homage a niche element of the fandom?

I personally wouldn't be for test shot colours (although I do own a couple of genuine test shots myself), but I am quite enjoying seeing the G2 concept art decos brought to retail finally.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 27th July 2023 at 08:06 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Oh, I understand that there's a demand for these things; albeit a niche one. I'm seeing that test shot coloured Luke Skywalker toy at Zing bargain bins; so I'm not sure if making them mass release figures was worthwhile. I just find it odd that they're focussing on the niche versions over the regular ones.
    e.g. imagine if they made a niche-appeal Masterpiece Nightstalker but not a mass-appeal MP Steeljaw.

Still, the fact that Hasbro are able to even make these toys and sell them goes to show just how amazingly strong the TF brand is right now, and how spoiled we fans are for choice. Even if these proto G2 things don't appeal to me, I am impressed that it can even happen at all!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    When opening Beachcomber and Paradise Parakeet, I was surprised by just how small the bird is.

I actually think it's far too small to be named on the packaging and should have just been an accessory.
    Don't get me started on this bird.

Not only is it named, it's named incorrectly! It's a parrot not a parakeet!!!