Page 320 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 300310315316317318319320321322323324325330340 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Cos big shelf-space consuming packaging is more attention-seeking. Cos ya know, when you have a box that's 2/3 larger than it needs to be, you can spot it from long distance (like say, orbit). (-_-) And it's nothing new. If you ever compare even G1 Hasbro packaging with Takara packaging, the Hasbro ones were more space wasting... although recently with a lot of the Animated and movie stuff it's seriously been getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cos big shelf-space consuming packaging is more attention-seeking. Cos ya know, when you have a box that's 2/3 larger than it needs to be, you can spot it from long distance (like say, orbit). (-_-) And it's nothing new. If you ever compare even G1 Hasbro packaging with Takara packaging, the Hasbro ones were more space wasting... although recently with a lot of the Animated and movie stuff it's seriously been getting ridiculous.
    Yeah that's a good way to see it - I do remember when i was younger I'd be excited to be holding a big box for a brand new action figure!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Why are TF boxes, particularly for the newer toys so BIG? On occasion the figures only take up 1/3 the space of the box (Animated Voyager Prime etc) Is there any economic benefit to taking up so much space or something?
    To be fair they've been trying to save space recently (see: the new yellow box voyager packaging)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Why are TF boxes, particularly for the newer toys so BIG? On occasion the figures only take up 1/3 the space of the box (Animated Voyager Prime etc) Is there any economic benefit to taking up so much space or something?
    This was once asked at BotCon... Basically, it's so that they make a 'one size fits all' packaging, costing less for them to produce. Unlike TakaraTomy, who often has different sized packaging for each figure (like during the Beast Era), Hasbro has the packaging set to one size, big enough to fit the largest anticipated figure in that size class. Most land-based vehicles will end up leaving a lot of space in the packaging/bubble due to their compact form, but winged vehicles and even beasts will often fill out one or more dimensions of the packaging, due to their extremities.

any idea how much it will cost to post a loose classics inferno from adelaide to perth?

Started watching Beast Machines again the other day and decided it was high time to buy some as at current i own none.
    So what toy type and size class best represents the cartoon character?

Character Type and size?
    Optimus Primal
    Blackarachnia
    Rattrap
    Cheetor
    Nightscream
    Silverbolt
    Savage/Noble
    Megatron
    Tankor
    Thrust
    Jetstorm
    Strika
    Opsidian
    Megatron Big Head Mode

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Started watching Beast Machines again the other day and decided it was high time to buy some as at current i own none.
    Counter question: do you care about scale? Some characters only have one toy like Rattrap and Nightscream (unless you count Happy Meal toys).

It could be down to Hasbro vs Takara versions of paint jobs for ones like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Many of those characters you just have one size-option, but if you want a relatively size-accurate show cast (and toys that don't entirely suck), I would suggest:

Mega Blast Punch Optimus Primal
    Deluxe Blackarachnia
    Happy Meal/Red Rooster Rattrap
    Mega Cheetor
    Happy Meal Nightscream
    Basic Silverbolt
    Deluxe Savage/Noble
    Mega Megatron
    Mega Tankor
    Deluxe Thrust
    Deluxe Jetstorm
    Deluxe Strika
    Basic Obsidian
    Deluxe Megatron Megabolt

(The Japanese Beast Wars Returns line often has the most cartoon-accurate colour scheme, but they're also pricey due to being released in limited numbers.)

I'd suggest Basic Motorcycle Drone (or Japan's Basic Thrust) over Deluxe Thrust but otherwise you can't go too wrong with Sky Shadow's suggestions.

My recommendations...

+ Optimus Primal: Blast Punch Optimus Primal
    + Blackarachnia: Deluxe Blackarachnia
    + Rattrap: Mega Rattrap; not a fantastic figure, but more satisfying than the Red Rooster Meal toy
    + Cheetor: Night Slash Cheetor (Universe Cheetor arguably has more show-like colours)
    + Nightscream: I can only recommend Ultra Nightscream as I don't have Happy Meal Nightscream, although judging from photos the Meal Toy doesn't look half bad. Ultra Nightscream isn't a terrible figure either, aside from being ridiculously oversized. It would a pretty decent figure if it were a Mega or even Deluxe.
    + Silverbolt: Basic Silverbolt. The Japanese version seems to have more showlike colours, although I personally prefer the colours on the Hasbro toy. Either way it's a crap mould (but the only BM Silverbolt toy that exists, so there's not much choice)
    + Savage/Noble: Beast Changer. Great toy!
    + Megatron: Mega Megatron
    + Tankor: Mega Tankor. I think he's a nicer toy than the Tank Drone, although the Tank Drone is definitely more showlike and a pretty neat Basic in its own right.
    + Thrust: Mega Thrust. Again, as a toy I prefer this over Motorcycle Drone, but the latter is more showlike and a nice toy too.
    + Jetstorm: Deluxe or Ultra Jetstorm. Both are really nice toys and the Ultra figure is more showlike.
    + Strika: Deluxe Strika
    + Obsidian: Basic Obsidian
    + Megatron Big Head Mode: Megatron Megabolt (released as part of RiD)

Perhaps you could have a look at someone else's BM collection figures before deciding.