Page 327 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 307317322323324325326327328329330331332337347 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Anyone who bought that cheap $11-ish USB stick with TF2 movie from the UK, keeping the movie on it? I just activated it today (it expires 31st December), and noticed that it is only 4Gb storage space if you get rid of the 1.5Gb movie.
    I know that the TF2 movie isn't that popular around here, but did people buy the USB stick because it was a cheap official TFs one in the shape of the Autobot symbol, or, because it had the movie on it (as well)?
    I was thinking of deleting the movie from it (if it lets me), because I don't see the need for me to have that movie (of all movies) in a convenient USB format... when I could just as easily watch the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Anyone who bought that cheap $11-ish USB stick with TF2 movie from the UK, keeping the movie on it? I just activated it today (it expires 31st December), and noticed that it is only 4Gb storage space if you get rid of the 1.5Gb movie.
    I know that the TF2 movie isn't that popular around here, but did people buy the USB stick because it was a cheap official TFs one in the shape of the Autobot symbol, or, because it had the movie on it (as well)?
    I was thinking of deleting the movie from it (if it lets me), because I don't see the need for me to have that movie (of all movies) in a convenient USB format... when I could just as easily watch the DVD.
    i bought it for the design. i did activate my copy but when trying to watch it through the divx player - was horrible. couldnt skip through the movie properly at all and couldnt watch it on my media player & tv setup.

so deleted it.

Is there an equivalant to Botcon in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Is there an equivalant to Botcon in Japan?
    BotCon Japan ran in 1997 and 98. JAFCON, Wonder Festival and others have had Transformers exclusives too.

The last BotCon Japan was in 2000. It was cancelled after much controversy when Takara got Ichikawa Hirofumi to give away the convention exclusive comic "Cybertron Chronicles" (which was an unlicensed doujinshi) for free, meaning that Ichikawa made a personal financial loss. While Transformers is the intellectual property of Takara, many fans believed that Ichikawa should have at least been able to sell the comics to recover the cost of production and break even. Takara refused to budge, and thus all attendees were given a free copy of the comic.

Although Doujinshi are unlicensed, it's almost unheard of for copyright holders to take legal action against publishers in Japan. From wikipedia:
    "Despite being in direct conflict with the Japanese copyright law as many dōjinshi are derivative works and dōjinshi artists rarely secure the permission of the original creator, Comiket is still permitted to be held twice a year and holds over half-a-million people attending each time it convenes. However, the practice of dōjinshi can be beneficial to the commercial manga market by creating an avenue for aspiring mangaka to practice, and talented doujinshi creators are contacted by publishers. This practice has existed since the 1980s. Many Japanese publishing companies sponsor annual manga competitions in which the winner is awarded the publication of their winning story."

...thus many Japanese fans saw Takara as simply being spoilsports and financially harming Ichikawa. BotCon Japan was then shut down and there has never been one since. Takara suffered a severe negative backlash from the Japanese fandom after that - and it took them a long time to repair their relationship with the fandom. One key factor that got fans back onside was Takara's inclusion of Ichikawa in an official capacity where he's done character profiles, package art, exclusive comics (licensed), assisted with toy designs etc. (see the TFwiki link for more details)This web page lists all the non-BotCon conventions and events that have featured Transformers in Japan in the last 10 years.

Did anyone else notice that the new scouts Firetrap and Chopsaw aren't part of the Hunt for the Decepticons. The latest Deluxes (Axor/Rescue Ratchet) still have the stickers and codes but this scout wave is in a limbo between the Hunt and the new Reveal the Shield promotion. Are there any other Yellow boxed 2010 figures to come that aren't Reveal the Shield? You'd think they could have extended it to cover these two lone scouts right?

The RtS Windcharger and Chopsaw I bought, also had the HftD sticker and codes in them, which goes with what they claimed - all yellow-packed toys until end of January. I see RtS as more of a subline, than a promo.

Strange that it skipped Sunspot and Firetrap though.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The RtS Windcharger and Chopsaw I bought, also had the HftD sticker and codes in them, which goes with what they claimed - all yellow-packed toys until end of January. I see RtS as more of a subline, than a promo.

Strange that it skipped Sunspot and Firetrap though.
    my windcharger and chopsaw was unstickered and had no code in them so a packaging variant exists.....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    my windcharger and chopsaw was unstickered and had no code in them so a packaging variant exists.....
    ...so I take it that you're now off in the hunt for said 'variant packaging'?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    ...so I take it that you're now off in the hunt for said 'variant packaging'?
    not this time, i open these guys up so the packaging variance is kinda wasted... it is good to know tho
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy