Page 353 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 333343348349350351352353354355356357358363373 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Any of the G1 reprints if you don't already own those G1 comics. They're quite Marvellous.

Is the entire run available or just pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Which Transformers TBP's are easily available and worth reading?
    I just finished Last Stand of the Wreckers and thoroughly enjoyed it, though i understand it's one of the high points in recent years, is there anything else remotely close?
    I don't want to buy individual comics or unfinished series'.
    There's a few threads of recommendations that if I was on a computer I could find. Marvel US G1 comics are very different to the Wreckers series and don't really compare. Marvel UK comics are more like it but only the main story arcs are available and the recent IDW reprints of them aren't as good as earlier Titan reprints. Something more recent like Stormbringer might be of more interest to you or Dreamwave's Generation One Vol 2.

Yeah, only select stories are available through IDW. And as Paulbot said, there are issues with their print quality. IDW are legally not allowed to reprint certain issues - like those that contain characters which are still owned by Marvel. e.g. IDW can't reprint US#3 (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Joe Robertson (Daily Bugle Editor-In-Chief), Nick Fury, Timothy Dugan (aka "Dum Dum," another agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Josie Beller/Circuit Breaker etc.

I suspect that IDW would be unable to reprint any issues with the bounty hunter Death's Head, as I think Marvel still owns that character. If so, that's a shame as IDW does have the rights to print Doctor Who and it would be awesome to see them reprint the issue where the Doctor encountered Death's Head and removed him from the Transformers' universe.

Still, I think IDW have reprinted a fair amount of G1 stories including the Underbase Saga, Target: 2006, the Time Wars etc. -- the latter two are strongly recommended if you want to read about the adventures of the original G1 Wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Which Transformers TBP's are easily available and worth reading?
    I just finished Last Stand of the Wreckers and thoroughly enjoyed it, though i understand it's one of the high points in recent years, is there anything else remotely close?
    I don't want to buy individual comics or unfinished series'.
    Stormbringer is probably by second favourite TPB from IDW after Last Stand. I'd highly recommend that.

Then Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation/Revelation & all the Spotlight TPBs if you're looking for more.

As a relative newcomer to TF comics (I started reading when IDW got the licence), I don't find the Marvel comics particularly interesting. They're OK, but extremely dated.

I expect you would enjoy the IDW stuff and/or the Dreamwave stuff more.

Thanks for all the recommends guys! Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Did the yellow and black repaint of rid landfill come with a character card?

The armarda line and some of the other toys released around the time came with them and I just wanted to double check before I started hunting for the set
    I don't think it did... which is odd, because just about all the other exclusives at that time (Dinobot 2-packs, Jhiaxus, Megabolt, Dreadwing/Smokejumper, Scourge, Bludgeon) all had character cards. The redecos of the RiD Optimus and Ultra Magnus didn't have them either, so it wasn't just the yellow Landfill set.
    But if it did have one, I've lost mine.
    It was a Target exclusive here in November 2003, so surely someone else here got it too?

Yeah, I have that toy too. Don't remember any character cards coming with it.

Thanks for the reply guys.

The optimus prime and ultra magnus repaints are part of the universe line and I cant think of any of the toys from that line coming with character cards.

So if your right then it was the only exclusive that didn't come with a card.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Does anyone know any other emails for RK? am useing the info@robotkingdom.com one and not getting any responce back from them?