Page 358 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 338348353354355356357358359360361362363368378 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I've been trying to send a fax to tf collectors club with my details like they asked and everytime I try it comes up with the number I entered being wrong.
    Has a real person at TFCC actually told you you need to do this, or is this just because the automated email from brianatmastercollectordotcom told you to do it? Because the whole faxing of credit cards thing dates back to 2005 when the club was even more xenophobic and clueless. Unless a real person specifically asks you do do it, I wouldn't worry about it - I suspect you're overthinking this.

Call them up, to check for sure what they currently need to have done, or if you can give your details over the phone.

And make sure you only use '1' for the country code, not '01', for both fax and if you call. That could be why it isn't going through.

I may have missed this and couldn't find it after a quick site search...

What was the consensus about whose head was shown in Terradive's instructions? It sure didnt look like Terradive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Has a real person at TFCC actually told you you need to do this, or is this just because the automated email from brianatmastercollectordotcom told you to do it? Because the whole faxing of credit cards thing dates back to 2005 when the club was even more xenophobic and clueless. Unless a real person specifically asks you do do it, I wouldn't worry about it - I suspect you're overthinking this.
    I didn't receive an email from that address but yes I'm sending the fax because the automated email said that I had to. Also when I emailed fun pub to double check their fax number I explained why I needed to send the fax and if it was no longer necessary to send it the lady that replied would of told me. You are probably right and its not necessary but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks Griffin I'll try that tomorrow
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Could someone please enlighten me about the quality and content of the Transformers Generrations 2009 vol1,2, and 3 books? I just picked up the Transformers Generations 2010 book and was very impressed by the array of pictures across several lines. Are the 2009 ones of similar size and quality? If so, I think I'' be interested in getting them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    Could someone please enlighten me about the quality and content of the Transformers Generrations 2009 vol1,2, and 3 books? I just picked up the Transformers Generations 2010 book and was very impressed by the array of pictures across several lines. Are the 2009 ones of similar size and quality? If so, I think I'' be interested in getting them. Thanks.
    If you like the 2010 book, you will like the 2009 books.

Vol 1 spotlights Alternity Prime, MP Grimlock, Mickey Prime, Almost all the Henkei figures, and every version of G1 Prime (like the Hot Rod feature in 2010 book but only focusing on the 16 versions of the original toy.

Vol 2 spotlights Alternity Megatron, all the first movie toys, the later Henkei and Encore toys, and every version of G1 Starscream.

Vol 3 spotlights all the ROTF toys (up to where 2010 takes over), and its special feature is every Mini-con toy up until 2009 (including every obscure Japanese and US repaint).

All three volumes also reproduce (but not full size) all the toy catalogs from G1 and G1.5 (including foreign versions) and concept sketchs for toys that were never made. The three 2009 volumes are all each the same size/page count as the 2010 volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    For the first movie, Leader toyswere on sale the week the movie came out for somewhere between $70-$85 dollars. In fact most of the movie toys were on sale at that time.

For ROTF I'm not sure if the same thing happened as I already had the whole first wave of toys from BotCon.
    Considering that the 2009 movie toys are still shelf warming in many parts of sg/HK/Japan, with the 2011 movie toys also likely to shelf warm fora longtime, I'm not sure I see why people would pay even a dollar extra just to get these before the release date....

Vol 1 spotlights Alternity Prime, MP Grimlock, Mickey Prime, Almost all the Henkei figures, and every version of G1 Prime (like the Hot Rod feature in 2010 book but only focusing on the 16 versions of the original toy.

Vol 2 spotlights Alternity Megatron, all the first movie toys, the later Henkei and Encore toys, and every version of G1 Starscream.

Vol 3 spotlights all the ROTF toys (up to where 2010 takes over), and its special feature is every Mini-con toy up until 2009 (including every obscure Japanese and US repaint).

All three volumes also reproduce (but not full size) all the toy catalogs from G1 and G1.5 (including foreign versions) and concept sketchs for toys that were never made. The three 2009 volumes are all each the same size/page count as the 2010 volume.
    Thanks very much for the detailed response, Paulbot. I'll definitely be going after them now.

Where are these available?

I don't know about Kiama, but in Sydney one could get it from Books Kinokuniya (although being imports these books are expensive). Otherwise I guess you'll need to look at overseas sources, which might be cheaper since you would be paying for all the taxes and duties that the Australian government slaps on retailers of direct imports.