Page 481 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 461471476477478479480481482483484485486491501 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    yea kind of, especially with the wtf@tfw podcast, which I heard a callout to a Hursticon on this morning, btw.

pretty much what Paulbot said.
    I have a mate in the states at the moment who I' m going to beg to get that for me, and hopefully this years SDCC exclusives as well, if they appear on the hasbro store. hopefully he's going to have some time to buy and forward to me. If I find out that he's able to send a spare or two I'll post it up in my sales thread at the time but I won't know till at least after comic con, so if you're desperate for it don't wait for me.
    Thanks guys! And bummer! If only I was earlier!

Have looked at a couple of listings on eBay, and it was gonna be about $65 shipped.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Out of interest, should I have gotten a shipping notice on my BotCon boxed set from FunPub yet?

Have we had any base-formers since G1? As in - Transformers with a base alt mode like Metroplex?

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Have we had any base-formers since G1? As in - Transformers with a base alt mode like Metroplex?
    yes, if one includes Brave Maximus from R.I.D. other then that no from what I can remember
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

It seems that we haven't had any characters that turn into bases since Gen1 (with the Fort Max redeco in Car Robots)...
    I think anything since then have either been accessories to a toy (Microverse, Ark, Rescue Bots, Trailers), or, turn into a whole planet instead.

Although... technically, Armada Super-pants Prime - half of him transforms into a base... but isn't quite what is being asked though.

Not including reissues, baseformers since Brave Maximus:

+ 2006: Cybertron Primus (he has a base mode)
    + 2007: Darth Vader/Death Star
    + 2008: GADEP, the e-Hobby guardian robot/rocket base

Ahem, Orcanoch and Arachnid...

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I did mention them... (Microverse), but not sure if they count if they don't have robot/cybertronian modes.
    The original bios only suggest that Orcanoch could be a sentient character, referring to him as a Maximal (they referred to Sentinel as a Maximal in the cartoon at one stage I think), but, Arachnid was "built from a clone" to copy the Maximal's Orcanoch (suggesting that both may just be sub-sentient bases, like Teletran-1 or Sentinel).
    The retconned bios in the BW sourcebook however, label both as being built without sentience, and Orcanoch's Sentinel programming is growing, like Sentinel did on Beast Wars.

If those Microverse bases are designated as sentient characters (and not just accessories to the "sentient" figurines they came with), they may well be the last (new mould) "purely base-former" Transformers toys.
    Everything else since, has been a reissue/redeco or a (half-assed, squint to see it) 3rd mode.

Ah right. So if we exclude repaints/redecos like Brave Maximus and Gigastorm, there hasn't been any real large scale base-formers since the G1 days?

Never really thought about it, but considering there's been so many big bots over the years since G1 - why the heck aren't there any bases? They make excellent playsets and seem to work really well with other non tf toylines.

B'Boom and Voyager ROTF Mixmaster have artillery station modes. Energon Shockblast and Six Shot have space station modes. Tako Tank has a large base mode. Niagara Base and the Volcano Playset are bases, but barely transform.