Page 527 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 507517522523524525526527528529530531532537547 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Which is better, Hasbro Revealers (deluxe) Knockout or Takara AM-13 (deluxe) Medic Knockout?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Use acrylic paint with thinner to remove mistakes/spills. Prepare surfaces with soap and water then rinse with water. You shouldn't need primer or overcoat unless you are painting large areas.
    thanks Tober now all i need is a day off im half way through an 8 day stint

Question for Goki: what does Miko's last name mean (仲代 Nakadai). I looked up the kanji, but the combined meaning kinda escapes me - 仲 is apparently 'relationship' or 'go-between', and 代 has a lot of possible meanings.
    教えってくださゴキ先生。

Hmm... that's not easy to translate, but I'd go with something like "Within an age."

仲(なか、ちゅう)means "mid" or, as you said, relations. So it's used in words like 仲夏(ちゅうか)("midsummer," synonymous with the more commonly used 真夏(まなつ)), and 代(だい、よ) means "era/period" or "generation."

e.g.
    仲間(nakama)= friend
    時代(jidai*)= age, period
    明治時代(Meiji-Jidai) = The Meiji Period

Japanese Transfans often refer to Generation 1 as 初代 (Shodai), meaning "1st Generation."

Have they published any official Kanji for "Miko"? TFwiki just has it written in Katakana, which I suspect is all that's been officially published. I suspect that they might have intended for it to be 巫女(Shinto priestess), but that's never used as a name in Japanese, which is written as 美湖 (beautiful lakes). I think of her name as 魅子 (miko -> "monster child", with the left radical (鬼) meaning "demon" )

---------------------------------------
    *The word "Jedi" is derived from "jidai" as part of the influence of Kurosawa's Samurai period films (e.g. The Hidden Fortress) on Star Wars, particularly as Jedi are basically Samurai in Space.

Which is better, Hasbro Revealers (deluxe) Knockout or Takara AM-13 (deluxe) Medic Knockout?
    I don't have either but I do have Hasbro revealer and Takara Arms Micron: Ratchet and Bumblebee. Colours are better on Arms Micron but you do have to apply stickers (which I'm not a fan of). The stickers do make the toy look better. Plus you get the partner with Arms Micron version.
    Plastic quality feels the same in both

I only have the Hasbro knockout, I don't like the look of the micron port on the hood of the Takara release.
    Otherwise, apart from not wanting to do stickers and not really being fussed about the microns at all, I'd go for the hasbro version. It is lacking in the paint detail department, I plan on doing a bit of work to it myself eventually.

Look in my sales thread
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I don't have either but I do have Hasbro revealer and Takara Arms Micron: Ratchet and Bumblebee. Colours are better on Arms Micron but you do have to apply stickers (which I'm not a fan of). The stickers do make the toy look better. Plus you get the partner with Arms Micron version.
    Plastic quality feels the same in both
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I only have the Hasbro knockout, I don't like the look of the micron port on the hood of the Takara release.
    Otherwise, apart from not wanting to do stickers and not really being fussed about the microns at all, I'd go for the hasbro version. It is lacking in the paint detail department, I plan on doing a bit of work to it myself eventually.

Look in my sales thread
    Thanks guys.

It's the AM ports on the chest and doors that are putting me off the Takara version, so I'll probably go with the Hasbro release.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I think the ports on the doors are the same between the two versions, it's just the huge monster on the chest that is different.

The ones on the doors are not as intrusive as the one on the bonnet though.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Energon Omega Supreme - Good toy or bad toy?

I have heard people regard this toy fairly positively but on the other hand, some reviewers see the mold as mediocre at best.

What's your opinion?

its a VERY basic massive toy.
    it doesnt leave much to the imagination the transformation is terribly simple and it doenst have the best articulation in the world.
    the gimmick with optimus prime unless your attaching his super mode limbs its just putting an optimus head onto omega supreme ( as seen in the cartoon) that being said i'm really glad i picked him up ! he's simple but not every transformer needs to take an hour to transform and imho his robot mode looks amazing i love the wat all the aspects come together i will definatly be picking up the g1esque retool