Page 535 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 515525530531532533534535536537538539540545555 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Having said that the only way an item could be picked up is if it is in gun mode, which MP is not, unless there was one released and I'm not aware, but this isn't to say they won't release him in the future like this.
    Obviously older (and reissue) Megs, Brownings etc are in gun mode when packaged so it makes sense to cover yourself as to not lose the money spent on these items.
    Dude, MP Megatron was packaged in robot mode. Since 2007 Customs has been cluey about detecting Gunformers in robot mode... so unfortunately the old "pack 'em in robot mode" trick doesn't work like it used to.

Anyway, I've since found out the answer to my 2nd question -- we don't need to bother with the police inspection. Currently awaiting my membership renewal letter, then I can attach it with the rest of the documents to send off for my permit renewal. *phew* Like I don't have enough paperwork to do without this!!

I have to renew the permit as well. Is the fee waived this time around as well?

If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector". I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I have to renew the permit as well. Is the fee waived this time around as well?
    Yes, the fee is waived again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector".
    They sent me the P634 form.

I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.
    Cheers dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    These days I'd start with IDW's More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts. So far there are ten issues and an annual.
    I agree with Sky Shadow, start with MTMTE and then use it as a basis to read up on previous stuff like the Chaos issues.

why are the logos missing from the foc combaticons vortex and blastoff at least in robot mode?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Dude, MP Megatron was packaged in robot mode. Since 2007 Customs has been cluey about detecting Gunformers in robot mode... so unfortunately the old "pack 'em in robot mode" trick doesn't work like it used to.

Anyway, I've since found out the answer to my 2nd question -- we don't need to bother with the police inspection. Currently awaiting my membership renewal letter, then I can attach it with the rest of the documents to send off for my permit renewal. *phew* Like I don't have enough paperwork to do without this!!
    If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector". I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.
    Thanks for paving the way fellas, good information to know for the future.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Recommended alternatives to RK?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Recommended alternatives to RK?
    I'm pretty sure you know all these, but BigBadToyStore, HobbyLinkJapan, AmiAmi and eBay are generally my first ports of call.

AmiAmi is new to me, thanks!