Page 592 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 572582587588589590591592593594595596597602612 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

To prevent derailing this thread anymore, I'd continue the conversation over here

I'm curious as to people's thoughts as to whether we'll see a MP-11 mould Skywarp from either Takara or Hasbro. Skywarp is the only one I am missing and would really like him in the new mold, hence why I haven't bought one yet.

I am doubting that we will. The reasoning being as follows:

From the recent TRU Thundercracker release I get the impression that Hasbro doesn't see the difference between the moulds. TC has the instructions for the old mould and also the box art stated that it had interchangeable faces (which it didn't). I believe that Hasbro are of the opinion that they have now released all 3 seekers and they are done and dusted. IMO Acid Storm is further proof of this.

Takara I think are much the same. MP-11 was released to provide a proper masterpiece Starscream in the G1 colours, which previously did not exist in a Takara release. They obviously took the opportunity to improve upon the Greenscream mould while they were at it (whether you see it as an improvement over the original mould or not is irrelevant). So it would appear that Takara now see themselves as done with the seekers as well and have moved on.

Keen to hear others thoughts on this. TFW discusses this regularly but constantly mistake intelligent speculation with what they want. Eg: "Of course Takara will release TC and SW in the MP-11 mould. Why? Because I want them to.".
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Trent - I don't think there's any logic in Masterpiece releases. There are two possibilities:

1. There will be a Skywarp with the new mould because HasTakTom want to get the most out of the costs of producing it and they think he's a character who sells. Plus they love making black Masterpieces, even for no logical reason. Four black Masterpiece Rodimus/Optimuses... seriously?

2. There will not be a Skywarp with the new mould because both Japan and the US have already released a Masterpiece Skywarp and a ridiculous number of other Seekers. They've never even reissued or recoloured Megatron once and he's the leader of the Decepticons.

I also don't think anyone's speculation can help you - basically it's a 50%-50% crapshoot and if it does happen it could be anywhere between a year and twenty years. Personally, if I really wanted a Masterpiece Skywarp I'd buy the existing toy if I could find it at a decent price since a Skywarp in the hand is worth two in the aether.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some have speculated that a Hasbro release of Skywarp in the new mould is unlikely as the original release was a chronic shelfwarmer, hanging around for years if some are to be believed, thus making retailers shy of Skywarp toys. This reasoning has also been used to explain why Hasbro are releasing FOC Thundercracker (can't remember if that was confirmed, but I thought I saw artwork floating about) while leaving TT to release Skywarp.

Sounds plausible, though whether there's any truth to it is a different matter.

I think we probably will see an MP-11 Skywarp at some point in the future, but likely not until they get a bunch of new repaints out of the way. It seems like a pretty obvious way to utilise the mould, given that the major development costs are already sunk but from a business perspective I think shiny new colour schemes are likely to be stronger sellers than re-releases of existing decos.

So I've never ordered transformers from overseas before. More specific Big Bad Toy Store for example. I have about $3000 - $5000 worth of Transformers I'd be looking to get off of there if I make a purchase. Question is how should I go about it, do I attempt one big order? Or should I be splitting it up, so each order is just under $1000 (including postage?). I'm not sure what the best way is, and how much customs would impact a fee on the order, if I was to get one of this magnitude.

Thought or anyone who has done this before / link to a thread with more info towards this topic?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I'm curious as to people's thoughts as to whether we'll see a MP-11 mould Skywarp from either Takara or Hasbro. Skywarp is the only one I am missing and would really like him in the new mold, hence why I haven't bought one yet.

I am doubting that we will. The reasoning being as follows:

From the recent TRU Thundercracker release I get the impression that Hasbro doesn't see the difference between the moulds. TC has the instructions for the old mould and also the box art stated that it had interchangeable faces (which it didn't). I believe that Hasbro are of the opinion that they have now released all 3 seekers and they are done and dusted. IMO Acid Storm is further proof of this.

Takara I think are much the same. MP-11 was released to provide a proper masterpiece Starscream in the G1 colours, which previously did not exist in a Takara release. They obviously took the opportunity to improve upon the Greenscream mould while they were at it (whether you see it as an improvement over the original mould or not is irrelevant). So it would appear that Takara now see themselves as done with the seekers as well and have moved on.

Keen to hear others thoughts on this. TFW discusses this regularly but constantly mistake intelligent speculation with what they want. Eg: "Of course Takara will release TC and SW in the MP-11 mould. Why? Because I want them to.".
    Hasbro release, very unlikely. It was an exclusive and sold so poorly it went on clearance for $10 at some Walmart stores (supposedly).

Takara tends to release molds to their maximum potential. It's extremely expensive to create Masterpiece type molds (around $50-100K based on similar molds from other companies). I would expect to see MP Thundercracker and Skywarp from them, although I'm surprised they haven't already been announced yet, ditto the Coneheads...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    So I've never ordered transformers from overseas before. More specific Big Bad Toy Store for example. I have about $3000 - $5000 worth of Transformers I'd be looking to get off of there if I make a purchase. Question is how should I go about it, do I attempt one big order? Or should I be splitting it up, so each order is just under $1000 (including postage?). I'm not sure what the best way is, and how much customs would impact a fee on the order, if I was to get one of this magnitude.

Thought or anyone who has done this before / link to a thread with more info towards this topic?

Cheers
    There is a box size limit for shipments, which would largely defeat the purpose of large volume shipping. So I would ship in sub $1000 lots anyway.

Just be aware that customs can accumulate shipments over a short period of time, although it has hasn't happened to me, yet. Although I don't make much of a habit of it and I've never exceeded $2000 over a week.

I don't think postage factors into the customs sums. Just what's on the declaration form.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post

Cheers

Stick with shipments under 1k. You can find details under the calculator link
    http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I don't think postage factors into the customs sums. Just what's on the declaration form.
    It's only counted if you exceed $1000 of goods value, then they'll slug you customs duty and GST on it.

Running some numbers quickly, assuming you only bought complete 8 figure Generations cases:

9 cases: $950 goods value, $212 shipping

Total cost $1156

45 cases: $4725 goods value, $920 shipping, $282 customs fee, $593 GST

Total cost $6520

The equivalent total cost for 5 shipments of 9 cases is $5780, so you save nearly $750 by splitting shipments.

Shipping costs will be dependent on what you order and how efficiently it can be packed, but once you get to that level it scales almost linearly so it's unlikely to make a huge difference either way.

Thanks for the answers guys, covers most of it. With the 'goods' value though. Does that mean shipping isn't included in the $1000? So I could technically spend $999 and have $300 postage, making it $1299. And it wouldn't break the limit?