Page 593 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 573583588589590591592593594595596597598603613 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yep, but if you spent $1000 with $300 shipping you pay customs duty and GST on the $1300.

You can check back in this thread from post 5860 onwards for a bit more info on this. Can't work out how to link to a point in the thread, only to a specific post.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    Yep, but if you spent $1000 with $300 shipping you pay customs duty and GST on the $1300.

You can check back in this thread from post 5860 onwards for a bit more info on this. Can't work out how to link to a point in the thread, only to a specific post.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldnt have to pay customs on a shipment like that. I've shipped a large amount like that from BBTS in the past and had no problems. as long as the shipping amount is itemised seperately to the goods value.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oops, I misread the wording of the threshold. You'd be fine at $1000 goods value and $300 shipping, no extra charges.

If you had $1001 of goods you'd be hit for duty and GST though. The Customs website explicitly states that the shipping costs are included in calculation of the payable GST for orders over $1000. I'll I've done is apply the rules as stated by Customs - how they're applied in practice may differ, and you may get away without additional charges. At least it shouldn't be any more expensive than if you apply the rules correctly.

Note that the threshold value is in AUD so you'll gain an exchange rate advantage coming from the US. Also Customs may choose to value your goods themselves if they believe the declared value to be fraudulent, which may mean you get assessed based on Australian RRP rather than US. I'd say this is pretty unlikely, though.

With bbts they declare only the amount of the items, they don't include the shipping cost so if your items/merchandise is 1000 or below, should be alright.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Awesome thanks guys

Picked up a Hasbro reissue Astrotrain (this one) recently and noticed the packaging has red/blue stickers on the inside of his tailfin (only visible in robot mode) ... but such stickers don't exist on the sheet! Were they excluded on everyone's or supposed to be tampo'd or something?

The red-blue stickers should indeed be on the inside of the tail fins as they decorate the breastplate in robot mode. I got this toy 10 years ago now (holy cow!), so I cannot remember if the stickers were on the original sheet or if they were factory applied - but they should definitely be there. If not, I'd enquire about a refund/exchange.

I've had him for quite a few years now as well. (Bought him on clearance at Toyworld Kiama for ~$10). but only got around to applying the stickers a few months ago. The inside tailfin ones were definately factory applied.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Fail! I picked it up at Nexus so i guess i'll try make my own sometime.. thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Fail! I picked it up at Nexus so i guess i'll try make my own sometime.. thanks for the help guys.
    Reprolabels? From what i remember some of the Hasbro Reissues had poor sticker quality, real thin and flimsy