Page 753 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 733743748749750751752753754755756757758763773 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Destructicon View Post
    Hi guys, I'm currently looking at buying a Japanese G1 C-77 Rodimus Prime and the question I have is.... how do I tell the difference between the Jap G1 and the reissue that was released some time around 2000 or so ??? the reason i ask is because the boxes look the same.. with no real differences in colour ...so I am a bit confused. Are there obvious dates on the box or figure I should be looking for ? Any help would be much appreciated or if this has been answered just point me in the right direction. Thank you Lads.
    The Hasbro and Takara reissues should have
    Hasbro 1986,2004
    Takara.Co.Ltd 1986,2004
    CHINA
    stamped on his underside.

HIs trailer should also have
    Hasbro 1986
    Takara.Co.Ltd 1986
    CHINA along with
    CE HASBRO SA (c) 2011 TOMY
    C1063B A0388
    or variations of the above. I'll have to dig up my Japanese reissue and double check.

As for the box, if it looks like this, then it's a reissue (the original release shouldn't have an extra block of text almost running under the Autobot logo next to the large C77 up top)

Hope that helps a bit If you can, post a link or photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    This could probably go in the misc toy section but it has relevance to TFs. I'm thinking about getting a symbiote suit Spiderman figure to go with Generations Gears when he arrives. Can anyone recommend a specific figure that is affordable? He'd go on my Classics shelf, so some scale would be recommended. I don't mind him being as big as the new Legends size.
    If you mind a slightly SD version, there's a superheroes squad version of the black suit Spidey. Has some articulation too. If Gears was going to be a Dlx, then the 3.75 inch Spidey from the Marvel Universe line would be ideal but a bit too big for a legends sized bot.

The reissue will have a different Takara logo. The back of the box won't have a tech specs or robot points either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks alright. I'll do some looking around the interwebs.
    When the 1994 animated series was out, you could get a little playset that looked like a comic, with two figures (very limited articulation). One was a black spidey suit.
    *googles*
    Here we are: http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Spiderm.../dp/B00361TT1G

Pocket Comics. Unfortunately it was Venom, not Spidey. Sorry!

Default Jap G1 Rodimus Prime ....

Firstly, thank you for the feedback, that clears a lot things up. I didn't notice those small differences on the front of the box. Ill post some pictures later when i get some better ones off the seller. Thanks again guys

Anything with a Tomy logo (or TakaraTomy logo) on the front of the box is after the merger in 2005, so are a definite reissue.

This is a site I use A LOT for archived toy lists and details, especially for JP toys (because TFWiki was Westernised, so is not a reliable source for looking up Japanese toys), and there are quite a few galleries on there as well to help identify which boxed version you might be looking at. (if it isn't a KO)

Excuse the blurriness of the pics -- I just quickly grabbed them off Google.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Excuse the blurriness of the pics -- I just quickly grabbed them off Google.
    That Rodimus Prime doesn't seem to have opened the Matrix.

Gah! I was thinking in Japanese at the time, where they're both called "Rodimus" (i.e. "Hot Rodimus" / "Rodimus Convoy") But the differences should be pretty much the same (except for the sticker; only the 2000 Takara reissues have those, and Rodimus Convoy was reissued in 2001).

Okay, just quickly grabbed and spliced these images off Google. The one on the left is the original G1, on the right is the reissue.

I could only find pics of their box fronts, but I imagine that the differences on the back should be akin to that shown between the Hot Rodimi (i.e. tech specs, robot points, size of artwork etc.)

Just a question, the AOE blu ray statue pack, will that play
    on AU region? Also is it standard blu ray or does a 3D version
    come inter box?

On another note will Generations Jetfire be released here in AU?
    As am tempted to order it with my G1 slo

Cheers