Page 816 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 796806811812813814815816817818819820821826836 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well the Aussie dollar dropped overnight so my order went from $967 to $976 which is a bit scary.

So they calculate the cost when it hits our shores do they ? Bugger - maybe I should have gone the faster shipping option. Fingers crossed the dollar isn't too low when it gets here
    An economist on the news this morning was talkin about how to stimulate growth the dollar needs to drop further....

....I was thinking 'DONT LISTEN TO HER!!!!!!!!!!'

Megatran Guest

Can anyone shed some light on these TF coins. I've seen the 'silver' coin, but not the 'gold' coin.

One side of the coin is the Autobot insignia, the other being the Decepticon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    An economist on the news this morning was talkin about how to stimulate growth the dollar needs to drop further....

....I was thinking 'DONT LISTEN TO HER!!!!!!!!!!'
    I agree... because the whole economy and struggling families & pensioners must suffer so that us handful of fans can get our toys cheaper...

Unfortunately, because our wage rates and cost of living is so high in this country, our dollar is over-valued when at parity to the US$ or close to it... which means that local industry and business can't compete, which costs jobs and blows out the deficit from all the cheap imports we are consuming. Just look at all that cheap Chinese stuff in Kmart and BigW, that costs less at retail to buy than it would cost to make here before it is even sold to the stores.
    We've gone so long with these cheap imports that we've become reliant on those prices, so when the necessary adjustment occurs as the one industry that was keeping us going dries up (Mining), it's going to be hard to accept or afford the prices we had 10 years ago before the AU$ headed towards parity.
    It's a bit like low interest rates for mortgages... if we go too long at a low rate that is below normal for a healthy economy, people eventually get used to that repayment rate as if it is normal. And when rates go back up to a "healthy target" or even higher to deal with inflation, it hits people hard who made themselves comfortable or used to what they thought was a healthy rate. (which is going to happen within a couple years, as interest rates are way too low... but keep getting cut to deal with the sluggish economy - an economy that was used to the Mining sector bringing in billions of dollars to people's pockets and paying billions in tax and royalties, which state and federal governments now have to compensate by raising other taxes and/or cutting spending... both of which impacts on the whole economy, and in turn the value of our dollar)

It's all so confusing, and people spend decades trying to understand it all.
    And we are just pawns to the game of the rich and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I agree... because the whole economy and struggling families & pensioners must suffer so that us handful of fans can get our toys cheaper...

Unfortunately, because our wage rates and cost of living is so high in this country, our dollar is over-valued when at parity to the US$ or close to it... which means that local industry and business can't compete, which costs jobs and blows out the deficit from all the cheap imports we are consuming. Just look at all that cheap Chinese stuff in Kmart and BigW, that costs less at retail to buy than it would cost to make here before it is even sold to the stores.
    We've gone so long with these cheap imports that we've become reliant on those prices, so when the necessary adjustment occurs as the one industry that was keeping us going dries up (Mining), it's going to be hard to accept or afford the prices we had 10 years ago before the AU$ headed towards parity.
    It's a bit like low interest rates for mortgages... if we go too long at a low rate that is below normal for a healthy economy, people eventually get used to that repayment rate as if it is normal. And when rates go back up to a "healthy target" or even higher to deal with inflation, it hits people hard who made themselves comfortable or used to what they thought was a healthy rate. (which is going to happen within a couple years, as interest rates are way too low... but keep getting cut to deal with the sluggish economy - an economy that was used to the Mining sector bringing in billions of dollars to people's pockets and paying billions in tax and royalties, which state and federal governments now have to compensate by raising other taxes and/or cutting spending... both of which impacts on the whole economy, and in turn the value of our dollar)

It's all so confusing, and people spend decades trying to understand it all.
    And we are just pawns to the game of the rich and powerful.

(Cue joking Sarcastic tone) Way to take the sensible, long term and big picture view of the situation dude - personally I want my home loan interest rates to remain low and my imports to be cheap and plentiful! To hades with the needs of the many! I'm thinking of the needs of the few, or indeed the one right here

Sorry... it was originally only meant to be a short tongue in cheek comment at first, but then I got carried away with the ramble.

Guys, if the insecticons abandoned the Nemesis before it crashed 4 MYA in the G1 cartoon, does that mean they would have been around during the Beast Wars, but originally with Organic Alternate Modes? Or would they have been Transmetals?

Or not there at all?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

They were in statis pods of their own so probably not active during the Beast Wars. Although a crossover could be written that would make sense.

Anyone know how long the club store takes to ship an order?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on these TF coins. I've seen the 'silver' coin, but not the 'gold' coin.

One side of the coin is the Autobot insignia, the other being the Decepticon.
    I did a quick bit of scouting - the only place I can find those coins are on Aliexpress - they don't seem to be legit, certainly not at the low prices on Aliexpress.

Perth mint have produced some coins to coincide with the recent movies, and aside form the MP coins seem to be the only legit coins made.

There were some doubloons made for the 1986 New Orleans mardi gras as well:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transforme...sCoin1986.html

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Guys, if the insecticons abandoned the Nemesis before it crashed 4 MYA in the G1 cartoon, does that mean they would have been around during the Beast Wars, but originally with Organic Alternate Modes? Or would they have been Transmetals?

Or not there at all?
    As Paulbot said, while they were in stasis, it's not impossible for it to have happened -- i.e. activated during the Beast Wars, scanned insect modes but were mechanical insects due to the more primitive transcanning technology from G1 (which would explain why all of the "Primitive" G1 TFs have mechanical bestial forms). Then something happened which put them back in stasis and potentially made them unaware of the events of the Beast Wars (which would have given them future knowledge). Perhaps the BWTFs deleted that part of the memory, or something wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey.

I gotta say, I'd never thought of this before, but it's a pretty cool and feasible story concept! Good thinking, UltimateGalvatron!