Page 866 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 846856861862863864865866867868869870871876886 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,660 of 10410

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Oh so it was on Facebook. I'd seen the references too but didn't know it was an ongoing thing, thought it tied back to the old days where Forums could send through a few questions to Hasbro every month.

Sep 2013 was our launch date, and while we were the 5th, we are the largest

Quote Originally Posted by Oztron View Post
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    ???
    They are replying to this post...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    TCCA - Transformers Collector Club of Australia, started late 2014 (I believe) on Facebook.
    OTCA - Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia, started late 1996.
    (all these weird acronyms these days )

TCCA is the fifth group/community/club for Transformers that we've had in Australia, and as I always say, it is better for variety to have a choice (as long as there isn't targeted competition from them against us)... as this site will never be able to cater to everyone's tastes, and it is better that fans go where they get the most enjoyment from this hobby.
    we are the largest
    Not yet... but it is quality not quantity I care about here, or for any fansite, so membership numbers should not be a priority as you can lose focus chasing up new members (who never come back to interact) instead of keeping people active, as I believe people should have some choice for interaction, and not be targeted, or forced to interact on just one site.

I just went and had a look at the numbers, to see if it was true that the TCCA was the largest group, and they have just over 1,600 registered members, while we have had just over 4,200 registered members at this current location (plus about a couple thousand more in the 10 years before this location, on our previous sites), and it is more of a deterrent to type out a registration form and follow email instructions on a messageboard site like ours than click to join a facebook page (and since our Ozformers facebook page is an open page and not a closed community page, we'll never know how many extra people who aren't members here, are viewing that page as well).

But as noted above, I honestly don't keep track of our numbers or anyone else's, as I concern myself more with the number of "active members", who keep coming back (at least once a week) by generating more topics and posts here to make it more interesting for other people to register and want join in to voice their opinion... as all fansites and facebook pages get people joining up and then never coming back (after a post or two, or not at all). Our site has about 10% active members (300-400 people logging more than once a week), so that would be a percentage you could apply to any other fansite as well, if their site doesn't show the exact statistic.

Realistically, I would expect to see similar active numbers on various local sites, if they are kept interesting, active, inviting and non-combative against other fansites that even competing against them.

(moved last few posts here as they were off topic in the dealer feedback section)

Megatran Guest

According to Wiki, the acronym GDO (Global Development Organisation) refers to Hasbro's Asian market 'exclusives'. Any idea how this acronym came to being?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    According to Wiki, the acronym GDO (Global Development Organisation) refers to Hasbro's Asian market 'exclusives'. Any idea how this acronym came to being?
    Perhaps global meaning outside of the "western" hemisphere and into the "eastern"
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    They kept that acronym in all listings for those 2012 repaints/retools. The dept/division suggests something glorious, like they're aiming to change the world. It seems to have come and went with those releases as the full term brings nothing else up (aside from a few corporate profiles on LinkedIn). I think it's about as accurate in describing a department as renaming every single corporate position as "Business Development Manager". Perhaps they're a sub-division that got canned shortly?

#politics

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The Toys R Us Devastator, is that the Hasbro or the Warriors unite Takara Tomy version?

Only reason i ask, as i know they are selling TT Superion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    The Toys R Us Devastator, is that the Hasbro or the Warriors unite Takara Tomy version?

Only reason i ask, as i know they are selling TT Superion

Thanks
    TRU are selling the hasbro version. While the takaratomy one was leaked, no further comments have been made about it and it's likely cancelled (similar to Arcee) or was inaccurate information
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures