Page 868 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 848858863864865866867868869870871872873878888 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I wonder if HLJ would hold a couple of days before shipping if you ask really nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    TRU are selling the hasbro version. While the takaratomy one was leaked, no further comments have been made about it and it's likely cancelled (similar to Arcee) or was inaccurate information
    Arcee has been spotted at TrU Aspley via an FB post
    Devy may also be on Its way perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I wonder if HLJ would hold a couple of days before shipping if you ask really nicely?
    Considering it. Depends if MP Ratchet and UW Brutucis will come out within 60 days of each other because if so I'd want Shockers in this PW shipment and leave Ratchet till later. If not then I'd be happy for a Ratchet and Shockers to constitute one shipment

I asked them nicely and they sadly said no. This was their response:

Hi, Trevor-

Thanks for writing!

We're afraid that if Private Warehouse's 60-day clock runs out, shipment of items older than 60 days is an automated process. Time extensions are unfortunately not possible, as our Help Center explains:

http://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/arti...e-60-Day-Limit

Although it is unlikely, we hope it might arrive in time and enter your Private Warehouse in time for you to create a combined Private Warehouse shipment (it would not be included in an automated shipment; you would need to create a Private Warehouse shipment combining the items before the 60-day clock runs out), but we do not know if that will be possible.

We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us!

Best Regards,

Mark Kutsugi
    HobbyLink Japan
    http://www.hlj.com

Figured that'd be the case, but worth a shot anyway

Figured that'd be the case, but worth a shot anyway
    Yeah. A bit disappointed but at least they were polite and treated me like a person TRU could learn a lot from them about how to converse with customers

I tried the getting the 60 PW hold on too, especially annoying since an item I ordered arrived 2 days later (insert face palm here). I too was refused. I think they may have mentioned that the picking or something is automated. I dunno.

Now for my question, which I was thinking of the other day.

Has it been asked if Hasbr/TT make transformers with a certain life span in mind.

For example, Sky Lynx's feet, with the hinge joint. I see that as going weak over the years I would have the toy, but do Hasbro look at the design and consider "Yup, that'll last 3 years, the average lifespan of a toy with a kid"

One could consider that Masterpieces are designed with collectors in mind, so they are designed and made to last for many years. Whereas RID toys might have an expected shorter life and so certain design cuts that would last for the assumed life of the toy, but not longer, are acceptable.

So, how long do we think that may be?

Anyone know how Hisashi Yuki because the public face of Takara Tomy's Transformers team? Looking through the list of TFs he's designed he doesn't seem to have a great success rate and is responsible for the worst MP of all time MP-5 Megatron.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know how Hisashi Yuki because the public face of Takara Tomy's Transformers team? Looking through the list of TFs he's designed he doesn't seem to have a great success rate and is responsible for the worst MP of all time MP-5 Megatron.
    Maybe he's the designer with the most prolific twitter habits to make it useful to have him officially reveal images and info, as he seems to make time to tweet a lot of things.
    Or he's close with the marketing or management at TakaraTomy to convince them to tease and reveal with his twitter account... something I've been trying to convince Hasbro to do as well with one of their Designers or staff for future Hasbro products (teasing several images to generate/build hype instead of a one-off reveal on their facebook page).

Then again, maybe that zmultiplier person in Asia is a Hasbro employee, who is trying to do a Hasbro version of what TFYuki does, because what benefit is it to a leaker to reveal part of an image, then a b&w image, then the full colour image over a period of time, when they could just leak the full image first off. They can't get fame as their real identity like TFYuki, and aren't earning revenue from advertising because they aren't hosting the images on a private website or have an exclusive deal with a website... so it makes more sense that they are a Hasbro Employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I tried the getting the 60 PW hold on too, especially annoying since an item I ordered arrived 2 days later (insert face palm here). I too was refused. I think they may have mentioned that the picking or something is automated. I dunno.

Now for my question, which I was thinking of the other day.

Has it been asked if Hasbr/TT make transformers with a certain life span in mind.

For example, Sky Lynx's feet, with the hinge joint. I see that as going weak over the years I would have the toy, but do Hasbro look at the design and consider "Yup, that'll last 3 years, the average lifespan of a toy with a kid"

One could consider that Masterpieces are designed with collectors in mind, so they are designed and made to last for many years. Whereas RID toys might have an expected shorter life and so certain design cuts that would last for the assumed life of the toy, but not longer, are acceptable.

So, how long do we think that may be?
    I was thinking this with CW Brawl. His cannon relies on a friction joint that will slowly wear away if removed repeatedly. Most likely yes.

----------------------

Ok on to my question. I have noticed that we got FOC Bruticus, then later we get CW. We get T30 Brainstorm, then we get TR. I'm guessing Hasbro was testing the market for those gimmicks. If so what would be the chances of:

A beast line (including rereleases of Waspinator & Rhinox)
    A plethora of Armada related toys (the rumored triple changer Tidalwave, redeco of a rumored Broadside, says maybe.)
    And more?