Page 869 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 849859864865866867868869870871872873874879889 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I was thinking this with CW Brawl. His cannon relies on a friction joint that will slowly wear away if removed repeatedly. Most likely yes.

----------------------

Ok on to my question. I have noticed that we got FOC Bruticus, then later we get CW. We get T30 Brainstorm, then we get TR. I'm guessing Hasbro was testing the market for those gimmicks. If so what would be the chances of:

A beast line (including rereleases of Waspinator & Rhinox)
    A plethora of Armada related toys (the rumored triple changer Tidalwave, redeco of a rumored Broadside, says maybe.)
    And more?
    They are already doing a beast-ish line with many of the Con RID characters and just before that we had the Beast Hunters cartoon and toyline. In the Titans Return line there are a few beast characters like Ravage & Stripes. Throw in the odd BW homage Generations toy and MP Primal and I think beasts have been pretty well covered over the last few years.

Oh, and Takara are rereleasing those characters that you mentioned very soon as part of the BW 20th anniversary.

As for Armada, I don't think we will ever see a 'plethora' as it was popular but not that popular. We may continue to see the odd Generations character based on the line though. So far none have been as cool as the original Armada toys sadly.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 25th March 2016 at 09:25 PM.

I've been out of the loop for about 18months and have decided to restart my Masterpiece collecting. Any good places to get MP-22 Ultra Magnus and MP-21 Bumblebee (first yellow release) still?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I've been out of the loop for about 18months and have decided to restart my Masterpiece collecting. Any good places to get MP-22 Ultra Magnus and MP-21 Bumblebee (first yellow release) still?
    HLJ have MP22

https://www.hlj.com/product/tkt80320

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Ok on to my question. I have noticed that we got FOC Bruticus, then later we get CW. We get T30 Brainstorm, then we get TR. I'm guessing Hasbro was testing the market for those gimmicks. If so what would be the chances of:

A beast line (including rereleases of Waspinator & Rhinox)
    A plethora of Armada related toys (the rumored triple changer Tidalwave, redeco of a rumored Broadside, says maybe.)
    And more?
    I don't think FOC Bruticus and Generations Brainstorm and the subsequent Combiner Wars / Titans Return were so much market testing as they just one of the interesting by products of the huge internal Hasbro shift that occurred a couple of years ago.

From what I understand the 4th movie line and Combiner Wars are the first lines that have come from this team, and it doesn't seem like they're concerned about doubling up on characters (eg - Wheeljack, Traibreaker), particularly where their absence would be noticeable in the lineup - ie no Bruticus among the original G1 combines and no Brainstorm among the new Headmasters.

If we were going to get new Beast Wars characters this would have been the year, being the 20th anniversary and all. However, again it seems like the mentality within Hasbro is that these are now just characters within the larger tapestry of Transformers as a whole and will receive homages just as like any other character.

Can someone do me a favour and measure the height of MP Ultra Magnus please? I'm setting up a display cabinet and my Magnus hasn't arrived yet and I don't want to redo it when it shows up.
    Cheers, Ken
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Can someone do me a favour and measure the height of MP Ultra Magnus please? I'm setting up a display cabinet and my Magnus hasn't arrived yet and I don't want to redo it when it shows up.
    Cheers, Ken
    315-320mm.

Cheers
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

As for Armada, I don't think we will ever see a 'plethora' as it was popular but not that popular. We may continue to see the odd Generations character based on the line though. So far none have been as cool as the original Armada toys sadly.
    If the runout about Broadside is true, we may see a new Tidal Wave character. Other than that we would be lucky to see an armada Optimus prime toy.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I want a Beast Wars Tidal Wave, as he's appeared in the IDW comics. Plus it will be the first whale Transformer -- and actually the first cetacean TF ever. Torca and Elphaorpha are half Killer Whales (and half elephant), but of course, Killer Whales are actually a species of dolphin. Orcanoch's the closest that we have, but that's really a vehicle/play set rather than a Transformer action figure. A BW Tidal Wave would be the first whale and full cetacean TF action figure.

I also wonder if a Generations Tidal Wave could be tooled as both a carrier and a whale (i.e. release two versions as redecos), because from the glimpses that we see of IDW Tidal Wave's robot mode, it appears to look the same as Armada Tidal Wave. So I wonder if it might be as simple as retooling the alt mode kibble but otherwise maintaining the same core mould; one would simply wrap the robot up to become carrier, and the other a whale. Perhaps one of the robots could sport Tidal Wave's cartoon colours (purple) while the other with the original Hasbro toy colours (green).

Hello, does any1 have any idea or images of what this empty box could be. The seller stated on their listing that these were for eHobby minibots. But the box is Autobot red

I remember seeing an image a long time of go of 'TFC 12' minibots in an ehobby box.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion