Page 884 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 864874879880881882883884885886887888889894904 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Has anyone bought anything from 'the little toy company' .com.au ?
    They dont appear to have shipping costs in austraila.
    Titan master heads figures are $10, just wondering
    Just put through an order, postage options are at the checkout and there are 3 of them:

Pick up (from where is unknown)
    Standard ($9.00 for me)
    Express ($15.00 for me)

I don't know if the postage fees are the same Australia wide.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    what is 'AFA' and why is it important? it seems to be a way to just put a bigger price on something you want to sell...
    I've wondered this too, especially since they don't seem to have any qualifications. Well, they didn't, not that there is likely to be any, but they have graded KOs before, so....

I don't like them

Plus I like to play with my toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    but they have graded KOs before,
    Anyone want a MOSC AFA graded G1 Bumblebee? Yep they graded a bunch of KO Bumblebee's as genuine and I bet they are grading a lot more KO's as genuine these days since they now grade loose toys.

Also they do VGA, the Video Game Authority. I really see no point in grading games, they are not something you need to a have a pristine copy of. It's digital, a download works just as good disk or cartridge and I'd rather pay $10 to download Super Mario World than thousands for a MISB graded copy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone want a MOSC AFA graded G1 Bumblebee? Yep they graded a bunch of KO Bumblebee's as genuine and I bet they are grading a lot more KO's as genuine these days since they now grade loose toys.

Also they do VGA, the Video Game Authority. I really see no point in grading games, they are not something you need to a have a pristine copy of. It's digital, a download works just as good disk or cartridge and I'd rather pay $10 to download Super Mario World than thousands for a MISB graded copy.
    Wow, grading a KO as legit? Really wonder how "experts" don't have the tell tale signs of these KOs to go by.

Hey guys, Just after some advice on where best to purchase Takara/Tomy transformers from i.e. price and reliability of seller? Was considering Robot Kingdom or Toy Story World (ebay). After Unite Warriors Superion.

Quote Originally Posted by EvMeister316 View Post
    Hey guys, Just after some advice on where best to purchase Takara/Tomy transformers from i.e. price and reliability of seller? Was considering Robot Kingdom or Toy Story World (ebay). After Unite Warriors Superion.
    Both of them are reliable sellers. Packaging may be better with RK though.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Both of them are reliable sellers. Packaging may be better with RK though.
    What do rk do. Do they put foam on outside or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    What do rk do. Do they put foam on outside or something?
    All my orders from RK have been well packed with styrofoam.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Ehobbybaseshop.com is also pretty good, and wraps things in bubblewrap too. Just a bit antiquated with their ordering as you have to wait for a paypal invoice from them after you place the order (to make sure items are in stock and check the postage estimate).

I really don't see the point of paying someone else to grade your toy. If I want to know what the condition of my toy is, then I'll just go look at it myself. If I'm buying a toy, and let's say I wanted to keep the box, I would simply cherry pick the best condition box on the shelf or keep the receipt and exchange the unopened toy for another one with a better condition box that I find later. Or befriend someone who works in a retail store that sells toys and get him/her to contact me when a new case arrives so that I can cherry pick straight out of the case.

If I'm purchasing from an online source then I would ensure that it's from a retailer that I would trust to deliver toys with boxes in good condition. I would probably avoid retailers like Premium Collectables in favour of another source that would say wrap the box in bubble wrap. (but as someone who no longer cares about the condition of the box, I'm happy to go with sources like PC ) Even if that source might be a bit more expensive than say PC, I'd be willing to pay that extra premium to increase the likelihood of receiving a toy in as good condition as possible. I reckon it'd be cheaper than sending it overseas for some stranger to subjectively judge it and encase it in plastic.

And if I wanted to protect the toy then I'd purchase a display unit to protect and display my toys (although they are expensive).