Page 895 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 875885890891892893894895896897898899900905915 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,950 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Oh don't worry Gok, all that stuff comes first. My family just see it as childish. I don't think they get that toys and video games can be made for anyone that's not under 12.
    Mate, most of my school mates didn't think that toys were suitable for anyone over the age of 3. It got progressively worse during school because a lot of other kids in my primary school pretended that they were teenagers and "too cool" for toys. This pressure led to a lot of my other toy-playing friends dropping out of toys as we got older. By time I was in Year 6, no other kid in my year was playing with toys. Other collectors had sold off or given away their collections because they felt that they had "grown out" of toys (weird, I know). Years 7-8 was really bad because kids started getting nasty and bullying me (verbally and physically) because I was a Transformers collector. This included other kids deliberately damaging my toys and memorabilia. By Year 9 kids had matured enough and became tolerant of toy and comic book collectors. But it wasn't until I hit uni that I encountered more serious collectors; other people who displayed their toys, collected and read toy collectors' magazines, went toy hunting together etc. I was able to carry toys on me without fear of bullies.

While seeing my friends "grow out" of Transformers meant that I was losing playmates, the one benefit for me was that I was often the recipient of unwanted toys - often for free or sold at dirt cheap prices.

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. Still burns every time tho.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

If it helps, send them a link to my collection website and tell them, "at least I'm not as bad as this guy"... and it might distract them from having a go at your collecting, or think your hobby is quite tame in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If it helps, send them a link to my collection website and tell them, "at least I'm not as bad as this guy"... and it might distract them from having a go at your collecting, or think your hobby is quite tame in comparison.
    Not gonna lie....may or may not have done this already......
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Not gonna lie....may or may not have done this already......
    Hehehehe...

So what do you guys think the chances are of the Hasbro TR Fort Max going cheap like other city formers of the past decade? I kinda want a Hasbro Cerebros and Spike to represent the full Rebirth lineup, but not gonna pay the current prices for that purpose.

Megatran Guest

Sighted at Big W for $174 by several members on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Sighted at Big W for $174 by several members on this forum.
    $174 for a deluxe class with a Titan body I'll never display, I'll pass on that. We saw deep discounts on Gen Metroplex's and G1 Fort Max online after they shelf warmed.

Is there a comprehensive guide to RotF Leader Primes online somewhere?

I have a few fancy versions and am trying to decide which to sell to buy the new MB-11 but I just can't remember what accessories go with what colour pinstriping.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Is there a comprehensive guide to RotF Leader Primes online somewhere?

I have a few fancy versions and am trying to decide which to sell to buy the new MB-11 but I just can't remember what accessories go with what colour pinstriping.
    Look at the galleries over at Seibertron, Ryan has galleries up of most of them.

Personally the APS01U is the one to have as it comes with every Buster, Jetwing and Striker Prime accessory. The MB-11 looks from the stock photo shots to just be the original Buster Prime without pinstripes.