Page 1030 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 10101020102510261027102810291030103110321033103410351040 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,300 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. It would depend on the terms of the license. So I didn't introduce that variable.
    Ah, fair enough.

Personally, I'm happy with a new Dinobot name (Skar) to replace Slash, but it will be confusing for some oldie fans like me who already know Skar as a bat Powermaster engine for Doubledealer.
    But as for the new Dinobot name... I'd be okay if the name Slash is being retired, because it is just like Hasbro retiring the Slag name due to it being a vulgar slang word in the UK - the name Slash is a vulgar slang word in Australia, that would often make me think that it was a Dinobot who would constantly be "marking its territory".

As for the Evolution question - it could be looked at like Armada having "Unicron Battles" as its second year sub-title... or TFPrime having "Beast Hunters" as its second year sub-title... so you could see it all as being the one toyline, and the wave that has Tarn and Hotshot being wave 4, while Metalhawk and Skyquake being wave 5.
    For me, I will probably end up referring to it as Evolution wave 1, as it makes it easier to keep track of the different waves if there aren't too many waves. (for a while now, Generations has been a yearly product line, and if Legacy is supposed to be for 3 years, we could be seeing another sub-title next year, and up to 10 waves over the 3 years... which makes it more difficult to keep track of them and their different release dates).
    And as it was guessed, the products themselves have a slightly different series name to them by Hasbro and listed at Retailers, so it would be difficult to exchange or price-match between Legacy and Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Personally, I'm happy with a new Dinobot name (Skar) to replace Slash, but it will be confusing for some oldie fans like me who already know Skar as a bat Powermaster engine for Doubledealer.
    But as for the new Dinobot name... I'd be okay if the name Slash is being retired, because it is just like Hasbro retiring the Slag name due to it being a vulgar slang word in the UK - the name Slash is a vulgar slang word in Australia, that would often make me think that it was a Dinobot who would constantly be "marking its territory".
    It was my understanding that Skar will be a different alt mode and presumably character to Slash altogether? Given that this core Dinobot combiner is pretty much confirmed to be reused as Dinoking and the G1 Dinoking never had a velociraptor, it will need a member that turns into a Ankylosaurus.

Yes, it is said to be a different dino mode to Slash... I was just referring to the name, which might have been confusing.

Fair enough. Personally I'd have preferred if they could have kept Slash but I totally get the Dinoking justification for replacing her and I guess we have an almost core scale toy of her already.

Edit: actually looking at this comparison pic I took a while back with Vertebreak, Slash really is core size.

I'm honestly glad they went the Dinoking recolour option route. I don't need a combining set of Dinobots but if Dinoking isn't too much of PITA to get then I'm absolutely down for that.

Just a fortnight ago I was taking a leak at work, and a colleague stood next to me at the urinal and said, "Come for a slash."
    So yeah, we definitely still use that word in that context.

And yes, "Skar" makes me think of the Nebulan, which is confusing. Especially considering that Hasbro recently used the name for the Gens Selects Cassette (repaint of Ratbat) to complement Earthrise Doubledealer. Might've been nice if Hasbro named the Dinobot "Scar". I thought we were over that 80s/90s trend of replaking C's in words with K to make them sound kool (e.g. Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand, Mortal Kombat etk).

*sigh* yes, slash has THAT meaning, but it also means cutting something, which is what a dinosaurs claws were evolved to do.
    Honestly, people look way too deep into things instead of taking them at face value.

What if we rename her Splash?

No that might not work🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    What if we rename her Splash?

No that might not work🤔
    Keep it for when then they do a Plesiosaur one eventually.

Personally I want it to be Smash, so then you'd have all three 'new' Dinobots keeping with the onset-S, single-syllable non-Grimlock naming theme (Snarl, Sludge, Swoop, Slag) but also having the same Vowel-Consonant ending (Slash, Smash, Splash).