Well I'm very late to the party on this, but have just finished (I didn't want to see it end) the last issue of IDW The Lost Light. Since its been so long, I'm thinking spoiler alert warnings don't apply, and I did a quick keyword search to see if there was an existing Lost Light thread.

I'm really confused, by how it ended. And I'm hoping someone can explain it to me. Three important questions.

1) Why did Rung disappear after making his Matrixes - was it overload, did he know it was going to happen... all that's there is dust but there's one panel where skids appears and pulls him into the roof. Did that happen and he's alive, or is that a flashback to the past?

2) Why does no one remember the presence of Rung (the crew seem to be mindwiped, and one refers to finding Rung's office). When he deleted his patient files was it because he was planning an escape and that's why people were mindwiped?

3) In the last few pages of the final issues, Whirl's 'guard' removes his uniform and it looks like its Rung. Was this just the effect of Primus on the spark field (that they all resemble him), or was it honest to goodness actual Rung/Primus (sorry spoiler alert) hiding in plain sight?

4) Please someone tell me that Rung/Primus is somehow still alive.

Now I'm debating whether to finish Unicron, because I don't want the IDW universe to end with Unicron eating everything and a reboot. If I don't read it, it didn't happen!