Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AUS Toy Fair 2009 Transformers wrap-up.

I must say that I am looking forward to seeing some of those mech items, though I don't expect to see much down this way at all.

Devy still looks stupid, and im going to limit myself in the first few months as I expect high prices for these items this year, as well as mega sales in a year (not to mention premiums)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Under ikon collectables, wth is that?! That thing is creepy.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Whoa whoa whoa, did you say Slot cars?! That's seriously COOL! But the image doesn't look like slot car tracks... are they really slot cars like Scalextric or something different? I wonder what the scale will be and whether they'll be compatible with other slot-car sets... because that would be really awesome.

The wristwatches interest me too... hrmm...

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I just wonder do you need a new Optimus prime for the jetfire to combine or the old 07 leader class prime do?? Does it just clip on like wing sabre on galaxy force prime?
    I think that since it is a new Optimus mould, the combiner feature may require the 2009 toy.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Under ikon collectables, wth is that?! That thing is creepy.
    Which thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, did you say Slot cars?! That's seriously COOL! But the image doesn't look like slot car tracks... are they really slot cars like Scalextric or something different? I wonder what the scale will be and whether they'll be compatible with other slot-car sets... because that would be really awesome.

The wristwatches interest me too... hrmm...
    I'm pretty sure that they aren't slot cars, just die-cast cars ala hot wheels. othewrwise they would not be able to run on the plastic track.

I think the UK got a movie Slot car set, but the cars were apparently incompatible with Scaletrix sets. Not sure about compatibility with AFX sets.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

great wrap up coverage griffin. very detailed as always thanks!

Okay, I fixed up the 'slot car' bit. Changed it to 'die-cast car'. Even though most people have already visited this topic already.
    I didn't realise until now that 'slot car' was not the appropriate term, as it refers to those electric race-track sets, which these RPMs are not.
    I couldn't use 'Hot Wheels' type cars, because that's a brand name, and a competitor at that.
    Calling them 'die-cast' cars doesn't specify how big they are, so I guess it is just automatically assumed to be that standard 'Hot Wheels' size.

We aren't likely to see any new Voyager sized Animated figures here until after the Movie season, as retailers just aren't interested in
    them. It has always been a difficult size class to push to retailers in Australia.
    Well, maybe if they weren't so expensive, people would actually BUY them. -__-

Also, nice coverage. It's good to know when I can keep an eye out for the preview Soundwave.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think that since it is a new Optimus mould, the combiner feature may require the 2009 toy.

Which thing?
    Did noone else see it? Next to hawk beak prime.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

- Optimus Electronic Bust (29cm plastic/metal, light sensor eyes, sound recorder) RRP $400 (Popbox)
    - Bumblebee Electronic Bust (25cm plastic/metal, light sensor eyes, sound recorder) RRP $300 (Popbox)