Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiby on ABC's Collectors - 3rd April, 8pm.

just saw it wish theres was more time on it
    i have recorded it to disc if any perth people want to see it but be quick before its recorded over

Yay, Thanks The Damned! Awesome Shirt Tiby! . They used stock footage for the prime transformation though, pity. Wonder what stuff did they edit out, Tiby? I soooo want that lock!! Awesome finger print detection!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well done.

I don't quite get how Doctor Who and James Bond are Transformer-like though... what was he talking about?
    Doctor Who is a channel 2 show, sounds to me like they were atempting a bit of extra promotion for thier lineup.

Got home from work a little while ago and just watched it. Very well done Tiby. 'The Vault' looks very nice with all those glass cabinets and fluro lighting.
    Pity that they got you to go to a lot of trouble deciding on what toys to bring to the studio, and then not even talk about any of them (or screen anything about them).
    I suppose you could have gone on for hours with Qs from the non-fans.

And they didn't mention that it was the 25th anniversary this year.

It was sad to see the guy who collected wood that was on later who had died of cancer since the production of the show...

I like your glass shop display cabinets.

BTW Tiby, I remember that Village People skit you were involved in way back for Funniest Home Videos.

Tiby Representing Australian Transformer Collectors. Word.
    Last edited by Eruntalon; 4th April 2009 at 02:39 AM.

Well done Tiby!

What was that other transforming base-like-looking thing? Did they do that stop animation with your toys or was that sourced from elsewhere?

Also, I recommend folks watch the Whole Episode clip on the ABC site rather than just the Transformers clip to see the studio time.

Kudos!

So Tiby... how did you feel about letting the camera crew into your TF room? Because when ABC contacted me and asked me if I wanted to appear on the show, one of my concerns was having a camera crew stumbling around inside my TF room and knocking over toys - and your collection room is smaller than mine! After watching last night's ep I'm glad that I declined and you accepted, because you offered something which nobody else could have in terms of your story about how you changed NSW law for Megatron. That alone made you the perfect candidate to appear on that show. I also loved how you showed off your plushies, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    I don't quite get how Doctor Who and James Bond are Transformer-like though... what was he talking about?
    I'm guessing she's referring to techno-fantasy. And Dr. Who did briefly kinda cross over with Transformers during G1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    What was that other transforming base-like-looking thing? Did they do that stop animation with your toys or was that sourced from elsewhere?
    That's the trailer-base for Armada Optimus Prime. And it wouldn't have been stop-motion animation because the trailer actually transforms automatically when you transform the cab-robot. It releases an infrared signal to the trailer which makes it transform from trailer to base to lower-half of Prime's super-robot mode. The trailer "knows" which mode to transform into depending on how you transform the cab-robot.

Tiby, did you HAVE to get that thumb scanner and bars on window just because of Megatron?? Man, thats dedication for what ive been told is a not up to par toy.

Great stuff Tiby. I really enjoyed your segment. Loved those glass cases too!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Just want to pass on my congrats too Tiby. Watched it with my wife and in laws. My wife and mother in law were both overwhelmed about the cost of your collection. My father in law was really impressed about you changing the law
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503