Thread: Derrick J Wyatt's April Fools Joke...OR IS IT?! *dun dun dah!*

Default Derrick J Wyatt's April Fools Joke...OR IS IT?! *dun dun dah!*

Derrick J Wyatt has posted a new piece of art on his blog for his April Fools joke. It depicts a bunch of characters, some of which are in TFA Season 3, and some of which are not. The challenge, according to Wyatt, is to pick which ones are appearing!

In it is:

Rodimus Prime
    Sky Garry
    Grandus
    Animated Personality Vangelus
    Huffer
    Pipes
    Botanica
    Tap-Out
    Zaur
    Slapper
    Sundor
    Flip-Sides
    Target Exclusive (True Colors) Shockwave

I'm guessing Rodimus Prime, Grandus, Sky Garry, Slapper, Shockwave, and Vangelus.

The two bots (one orange the other baby blue) is supposed to be a parody of Mario & Luigi?

I liek the bot ont he very left.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    The two bots (one orange the other baby blue) is supposed to be a parody of Mario & Luigi?

I liek the bot ont he very left.
    Huffer and Pipes. I like them both. I hope they're the real ones.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

I love all those renditions. Most are too obscure I think to be in the show but so much fun! Huffer and Pipes are indeed the best. I'm saving that image for my computer desktop.

It's certainly surreal seeing these 'Animated' representations of existing characters, almost like characatures that people draw of human faces - it resembles the person, but is still different...
    I think it would be interesting to see more of these 'classic character' representations in Animated, as long as they don't turn them into little more than a joke (the constructicons, and by the looks of it, Huffer and Pipes). The humanising of these robots for the Animated style, feels like a corruption of what 'realistic' robots should look like, especially Cybertronian Robots.
    Anyway, the more characters they throw in the show, hopefully means more new toys later for me to play with.

Liking Mario and Luigi, but I doubt that we will be seeing them in the cartoon.

Do not know why, but I have the feeling Botanica might make an appearance in the series... maybe because it would be such a left field choice?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Good! Then we can FINALLY get a Botanica toy!

I reckon AVP will make an appearance too - probably as a quick "hi then bye" background character (like the Witwickies).

P.S.: The cassettes are doubtful, unless they're planning on bringing Soundwave back with Laserbeak. Even then, it's even more doubtful that they'd transform into cassettes. Perhaps they could transform into more instruments for Soundwave (e.g.: Zaur as a drumkit, Flipsides as an electronic keyboard)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 2nd April 2009 at 09:04 PM.

i mus confess i dont like what they have done with Huffer and Pipes, mainly Pipes though as he's one of my fav characters and it just looks like they've made a joke of him

See my comment above about that same opinion.

I can see botanica appearing under some sort similar story line as the upcoming predacons and wasp. However that does make alot of episodes revolved around Black Aracnina and techo-organic experiments so maybe not.
    notice rodimus is the only one his altmode(perhaps because he's already made an appearance)
    also maybe derek adding the little animation of himself may mean he'll make an appearance somewhere in the background?