Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro will be releasing Masterpiece Grimlock

I missed out on the toywholesaler thing, but with shipping from RK it was about $230. Cheaper than those import shops by a long way.

Given how strong it has been selling I wouldn't be surprised that there'll be a re-release in the near future anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every MP has been released at least twice.

I'd also add that for Takara has been in the habit of restocking each monthly release once on the following month's release date. If I'm right, most stores should have more stock on the 25th. Also, shingstar1982 has a bunch at all different currencies and styles, as low as $222 (normal auction) or $236 (Buy it Now)

We are also bound to get all the returns, QC rejects and left over stock in Target for a fraction of the price, right before a sale in about a year or 2.
    You'll be able to get a Grimlock in perfect condition...except it may be missing teeth, toes, eyes, claws.....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Hasbro's design team has been pushing for a Grimlock toy for years. As I recall, at last year's Botcon panel, they said they would release TakaraTomy's if they did him first. Tformers asked TakaraTomy representatives who confirmed they were working on MP Grimlock at the time.

I think the fact prototype pics showed the Marvel comics crown means a Hasbro release is likely.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I think that they are saying "No" when they should be saying 'We have no information at this time'

If an American Hasbro release happens (which will) Australia will get it some time after.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So I've been personally hoping for Hasbro to release this toy locally - and they've now officially told me that this isn't going to happen. Even recommended that I go ahead and import one. Hasbro's words to me were specifically "not available in Australia and won't be available in Australia."
    Since you were asking about Masterpiece Grimlock, and they replied with the present tense of "not available in Australia and won't be available in Australia", it's obvious they are talking about the current (JP) version. They didn't seem to refer to the unreleased future (hasbro) version. We already know that Grimlock was Hasbro's baby, not TakaraTomy's, so whatever Hasbro ends up calling it, we might still get it.

Alternatively, they could have already planned the rest of the year (stock release schedule), and couldn't get any retailers here to take the Hasbro Grimlock, and are letting us know in advance to import one (JP one now, or the US one later).

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    And I put absolutely no stock in anything Hasbro AU has to say, with their most recent fallacy being the one about no new voyagers. Inferno anyone?
    They only ever specifically mentioned Animated, not Universe. It's not fair to misquote them on that one when there are actual 'errors' you can quote.
    But to be fair, they have more correct info than incorrect info. Claiming that EVERYTHING they say shouldn't be believed, is like punishing a community because of one or two bad members.

we might get '25th Aniverasry Grimlock', or 'Universe Ultimate Grinklock' instead. I'd be surprised if we didn't get it in some way.

I don't think one has to be Einstein to figure out that as far as Hasbro's current operating plan goes, Masterpiece Grimlock is hardly a priority at the moment when we're on the cusp of the release of one of the year's biggest movies whcih happens to star Transformers.

Expect it in due course but don't be surprised if at the moment they have no plans currently. Figured it'd be painfully obvious. Remember, last movie took up almost over 2 years worth of stuff. That's what I fear will repeat but I'm sure Hasbro want that to happen and milk it for every $$$ it can get
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Ouch, that sucks Gok. I find it annoying also because I was planning on buying a local release as well so I could have one displayed in each mode. Now I have to choose which one he'll stay in for the remainder of his existence. Lame...