Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 616212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

I got Movie Soundwave yesterday. What a terrible toy!

The G1 toy despite its age is inmensely better and has greater play value and arguably possability as every pose doesn't make him look like a gorilla in robes.

In my oppinion movie Soundwave is certainly the second worse Soundwave toy ever with Nappywave (titanium) being the worse but not by a far.

Music label Soundwave is god next to the piece of crap Movie Soundwave - How dissapointing - I expected a mediocre toy but not this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Legend please.
    Wut he said.

Just noticed something neat about The Fallen I hadn't previously seen. You can connect the pieces on his back to the pieces on his forearm in robot mode for increased accuracy.

I like positioning his head this way to make him look slightly more screen accurate:

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just noticed something neat about The Fallen I hadn't previously seen. You can connect the pieces on his back to the pieces on his forearm in robot mode for increased accuracy.
    I was wondering what that peg was for. Especially since it just sits there in alt mode. Great find.

Managed to score a Long Haul today, a lone one hiding behind a Mixmaster just for me.

The figure in robot mode looked so much better in person. Just to see it's curves and quality paint apps and use of much brighter colours than the dull tones of other figures made me appreciate this figure more.

In bot mode the dump bed sitting atop his back doesn't really peg onto anything and tends to be easily moved out of place. His head is wedged inside his shoulders and requires a bit of effort to turn his head. At least it rotates! The flip out swords are nice, but surprised to see it using just plain clear plastic instead of orange or some other hue. The arm kibble where the sword rests can get in the way of posing but easy to work around. The working pistons (4 on each elbow) looks and works a treat and being black gives it a nice highlight. Well articulated on all the right places with ratchet joints for the waist. No waist rotation though.

The conversion to vehicle mode isn't too complicated but folding the legs and feet into place requires some exact positioning in order for the cab to sit atop it and peg perfectly, but once done sits comfortably secure and still.

The alt mode is certainly LARGE. Surprised to see it's volume greater than Demolishor and clearly cannot fit in the Voyager box hence packaged in bot mode. The cab front has some nice details and while the paint apps is scarce, they do stand out and is applied well. The use of clear plastic for the headlights and windscreen is nicely done. The dumping bed actually tips backwards thanks to some clever engineering. The downside to the alt mode is the robot kibble visible along the sides. The torso can be clearly seen and also the handsvisible at the back end of the truck. Despite that it isn't a deal breaker and can be seen as mechanical parts for the dump bed. The wheels are plastic but rolls well. Works well in alt mode for the most part.

Overall a great figure. A solid tall humanoid robot mode, with a menacing look and a large convincing alt mode let down by a little bit of robot kibble visible. Still a worthy purchase, especially for Constructicon fans.

Piccies pls Stompy.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Was a bit disappointed that The Fallen didn't come with a spear like he has in the Movie. Maybe it's like TF1 Optimus having Swords at the last minute and was too late for Hasbro to include in their toy.
    Fallen doesn't even have any weapons/missiles... what the heck is supposed to give him a rating of infinity/unknown for firepower? It doesn't even say in the bio where this firepower comes from.

Without a spear, he now "holds" my pen for me on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Fallen doesn't even have any weapons/missiles... what the heck is supposed to give him a rating of infinity/unknown for firepower? It doesn't even say in the bio where this firepower comes from.
    Heh. Long Haul has a fireblast of 9, despite lacking any ranged weapons. Whoever is composing the stats for the ROTF toys isn't too attentive

What's notable about Long Haul is that his stats are all either high - 9s and an 8 for Endurance, Strength, Courage, Fireblast - or really low - 2s for most other things. Sounds like he'd be a really loose cannon (if he had a cannon!).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister